Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawyer Sues Israel, Italy and Pontius Pilate for Jesus' Crucifixion
Wink 
Lawyer Sues Israel, Italy and Pontius Pilate for Jesus' Crucifixion
Quote:A Kenyan lawyer has filed a petition to overturn the 2,000-year-old trial and crucifixion of Jesus Christ, arguing that the trial was unlawful and demanding that Israel and Italy be held responsible.
Dola Indidis, a lawyer, Roman Catholic, and former spokesperson for the Kenyan Judiciary, filed the lawsuit regarding Jesus' death with the International Court of Justice, the primary judicial branch of the United Nations based at The Hague in the Netherlands. Indidis filed the lawsuit against Pontius Pilate, several Jewish elders, King Herod, Tiberius (Emperor of Rome 42 BC-37AD), the Republic of Italy and the State of Israel.

Lol, what's going on ? has the whole world gone crazy ? Thinking

http://www.christianpost.com/news/lawyer...on-101312/
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
RE: Lawyer Sues Israel, Italy and Pontius Pilate for Jesus' Crucifixion
How soon until some republicunt claims that Obama is a Kenyan lawyer?
I can't wait to see the witness list.
With any luck, they'll get it into some legal precedent or whatever that Pilate never heard of JC and there never was a trial.

Regardless, wasn't Herod already dead by that point? Hell of an alibi!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
This guy is gonna get crucified, too.

How is the 'State' of Israel even a legal target for a lawsuit? It's only what? 65-70 yrs. old? And it's last autonomous iteration was BCE. (Or am I mistaken?)
Which bar admitted this guy?
(August 1, 2013 at 1:26 am)Chuck Wrote: Which bar admitted this guy?

The Alibi Bar
811 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Scene at the Chief Prosecutor's Office, The Hague:

Assistant Prosecutor: *rushes in, breathless* We've got it, sir! The big case you've been waiting for!
Chief Prosecutor: You... you mean, at long last?
AP: That's right, sir! We're going to...
CP: Finally! FINALLY!
AP: ...right a grievous wrong by...
CP: We're finally going to prosecute GEORGE BUSH FOR WAR CRIMES!
AP: ...charging Pontius Pilate with wrongful death...
CP: How did you guys pull it off? Or did he surrender?
AP: ...of Jesus Christ, and we're also blaming the Jews and Romans.
CP: W-wait... WHAT???
AP: How should we handle the subpoenas? A seance? What about depositions?
CP: *starts beating the Assistant with a stapler*
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Quote:"I filed the case because it's my duty to uphold the dignity of Jesus and I have gone to the ICJ to seek justice for the man from Nazareth," Indidis told the Nairobian in a recent interview. "His selective and malicious prosecution violated his human rights through judicial misconduct, abuse of office bias and prejudice."

I'm confused. I thought he was a god (or at least half god)

But yes, I guess the dude can do that if he wants to. I would like to file a lawsuit against the christian god for apparently destroying all of humanity during the great flood. Does anyone know where I can find him?
This makes no sense(beyond the clearly obvious). Without the crucifixion there would be no Christianity. In fact, the whole point of the charade was for Jesus to sacrifice himself, so somebody had to do the dirty work. Shouldn't he be praising Pilate and the Jews for carrying out god's will?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Israel The Name Of God? Authari 11 1222 December 31, 2022 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Astreja
  Jesus and Mary, In Catholicism and Islam Ahriman 32 1917 August 25, 2021 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  Alien Crucifixion Scenario chimp3 113 11503 June 23, 2018 at 12:53 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Beaverton Oregon church sues family after they criticize it online Ziploc Surprise 8 4469 May 16, 2012 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Italy, sex and the Vatican frankiej 4 3472 May 16, 2011 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Jesus is trying to tell me something; what is it Jesus? TruthWorthy 32 13195 February 5, 2010 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Dotard