Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi
Hello everyone, just signed up, figured I'd say hello.

A little about myself, my name is C.W., I'm 28 years old and I live in the MidWest. I'm a huge bookworm, and as you can tell from my username I love gothic literature, from Stoker to Lovecraft, I just love it all. I also like to cook, I have a growing appreciation for wine thanks to my wonderful partner, and I love nature and being outdoors. Gardening, especially roses, is a very lovely way for me to pass some time. I also have a growing love of cars, most especially Subaru and can't wait to own another one. Something about the WRX I owned just made me fall in love and I don't think I'll ever fall out, haha.

When it comes to faith I am an apatheist. I couldn't care less if there is a god. I see no reasonable evidence or reason to believe in one so I simply function as if there isn't. I like humanism, and especially transhumanism, as working philosophies for life so I try to adhere to those. I hope someday, maybe in the near future, mankind will actually start to grow up and leave his silly superstitions behind him.
RE: Hi
Hey, Enjoy the forums

Welcome
Hiya and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Guten Abend
Welcome aboard.
Thank you all for the warm welcome!
Helloo!
Hi new guy!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I kinda liked Gene Roddenberry's future. He turned out to be a little strange though.

Welcome I suppose (tries to sound suitably apathetic Wink)
Welcome and enjoy the forum! Smile