Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Hello to everyone my name is john and i have been reading about athiest beliefs and ideas. i have looked on this site before and though, shucks ill join so i can maybe ask some questions if I have thoughts. I find it interesting because i never met an athiest before in my life, so is like something new to learn about for me.

anyways i hope to learn about why you dont believe God exists and what you DO believe and get talking with you soon.

John
RE: Hello
Welcome aboard John. I'm not really an atheist. I'm actually Satan and I hang out here to tempt those who are in doubt. Are you in doubt John?

Hah! Just messing with your mind. I like theists. They go great with some scallion and pepper. Hah! Just kidding again. Hope you have a good time, a really good time. I'm such a kidder .. or am I?
Cool Shades
Guten Abend
Hey John

You have got to be kidding! Never met an atheist?! Wow. What's _that_ like? Are you sure everyone around you is telling the truth?
(August 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm)John79 Wrote: I find it interesting because i never met an athiest before in my life, so is like something new to learn about for me.

Seriously ?

I bet you did meet many of them, they just did not tell you that they are atheists Cool Shades
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
(August 1, 2013 at 3:23 pm)FifthElement Wrote:
(August 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm)John79 Wrote: I find it interesting because i never met an athiest before in my life, so is like something new to learn about for me.

Seriously ?

I bet you did meet many of them, they just did not tell you that they are atheists Cool Shades
Maybe but i mean i never met someone who said they were atheist, so I have not talked with one about this subject before really.

(August 1, 2013 at 3:15 pm)whateverist Wrote: Welcome aboard John. I'm not really an atheist. I'm actually Satan and I hang out here to tempt those who are in doubt. Are you in doubt John?

Hah! Just messing with your mind. I like theists. They go great with some scallion and pepper. Hah! Just kidding again. Hope you have a good time, a really good time. I'm such a kidder .. or am I?
Cool Shades
I am in no doubt about Satan, thats for sure!!!!!
(August 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm)John79 Wrote: anyways i hope to learn about why you dont believe God exists

The short version for me boils down to: Which god? Gods? Which religion? Which denomination of said religion? There's a lot more, but I'll leave that for another thread Smile

Quote:and what you DO believe

I don't believe. I know. Though, most of the time I don't know. But really, knowledge is the key.

Welcome to AF, hopefully you'll enjoy your stay! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome, John.

I'd wager you've met more atheists than you realize.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 1, 2013 at 3:09 pm)John79 Wrote: and what you DO believe
There's no such thing as "atheist belief". You can have 2 atheists in a room and they may disagree about everything, including concept of a deity depending if they are gnostic or agnostic.
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

Howdy!
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5964 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3632 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates