Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mary Should've Aborted
Mary Should've Aborted
Quote:Christian Activists Demand Facebook Shut Down 'Mary Should've Aborted' Group

Christian activists are seeking the removal of a Facebook group that regularly posts sacrilegious material on the world's largest social network.

A couple Christian groups have coordinated efforts to have Facebook shut down the "Mary Should've Aborted" group, whose admins post sacrilegious remarks about Christianity.

The Facebook group at the center of these efforts, Mary Should've Aborted, was created in February and has more than 3,000 likes.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/christ...up-101373/

I liked the page just for the heck of it. Cool Shades
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Mary Should've Aborted
lol

Do they realise that the people reading about this will notice that they think that they are entitled to cutting down on peoples freedom of expression.
It's another example of the Striesand effect. The more they make a big hubbub over that group, the more people will hear about it. If they'd just ignore them and let them be, then few people would ever know about them. I'd never have heard about them had it not been for this post here.

And yes, it does show how they want to curtail other people's freedom of expression. I just wonder if facebook will cave in and shut them down or not.

Quote:"We're not trying to censor anyone, but this falls under the category of hate speech," said Bogue

Why is it always the case when people are trying to censor other people they claim it's not censorship?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
First the Constitution, now Facebook. Is nothing sacred anymore? :p

(Get off the cross, crybabies!)
Come on, man, it's facebook, really. Besides, they will get the reward of their sacrilige in the afterlife, so why bother.
I post tons of perhaps quite offensive things(to others, not to me, of course), but no one really told me to close my facebook.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Well, if it does get pulled, I'm sure the Christian ball bags will claim it was Jesus who did it, and not a Jewish CEO worried about publicity.
Oh, that's "Liked" now.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Definitely got a like from me and at least 1/4 of my friends! Lol
Funny idea, but I won't "like" it. There are already enough atheist/Christian fights within my family on Facebook.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(August 2, 2013 at 9:27 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Come on, man, it's facebook, really. Besides, they will get the reward of their sacrilige in the afterlife, so why bother.
I post tons of perhaps quite offensive things(to others, not to me, of course), but no one really told me to close my facebook.

Perhaps I should start a face book group called "Genghis khan's mother should have aborted".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More vindication for Mary Jane Jaysyn 5 1548 January 12, 2012 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Jackalope