Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 1:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Curious
Lightbulb 
Just Curious
So guys I just want to know...
What is the biggest thing that drives you mad about Christianity?
I am trying to get a feel for how people think and feel about Christianity so the more descriptive you can be-the better.
RE: Just Curious
(August 8, 2013 at 3:46 am)Just-A-Curious-Girl Wrote: So guys I just want to know...
What is the biggest thing that drives you mad about Christianity?
I am trying to get a feel for how people think and feel about Christianity so the more descriptive you can be-the better.
Their violence!
Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.
Bertrand Russell

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.
Bertrand Russell
It's a tie between the idea that humans are born full of sin and the anti-scientific attitude that pervades conservative Christianity.
I don't have an issue with Christianity in itself. What makes me angry is if people:
1) Try to stop scientific theories from being taught in school because they do not support the bible.
2) When they use their religion as an excuse to discriminate against people. (Or as an excuse for hate speach or violence)
3) When they threaten people with hell.
4) When they brainwash children.
5) When they imply that I have no morals because I don't believe in their god.

If you don't do any of those, feel free to believe what you want. I'll think you are a tiny bit crazy, but I think all people are a tiny bit crazy in different ways - so it's ok!
Any spelling mistakes are due to my godlessness!
(August 8, 2013 at 4:07 am)ITChick Wrote: I don't have an issue with Christianity in itself. What makes me angry is if people:
1) Try to stop scientific theories from being taught in school because they do not support the bible.
2) When they use their religion as an excuse to discriminate against people. (Or as an excuse for hate speach or violence)
3) When they threaten people with hell.
4) When they brainwash children.
5) When they imply that I have no morals because I don't believe in their god.

If you don't do any of those, feel free to believe what you want. I'll think you are a tiny bit crazy, but I think all people are a tiny bit crazy in different ways - so it's ok!

This and
6) When they are want to enforce their religious beliefs on others.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
It doesn't drive me any madder than any other religion. What irks me is the most about Christianity though, is probably the part about "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit". IRL I don't mind people being Christians, but that they are commanded to go around and proselytize and don't leave me alone to mind my own business, it is highly annoying. Another obvious thing about all religions is the dishonesty, judging others based upon an imaginary character and the bullshit.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(August 8, 2013 at 3:46 am)Just-A-Curious-Girl Wrote: What is the biggest thing that drives you mad about Christianity?

That Christians seem incapable of following their own religion without attempting to make everyone else to do the same.
(August 8, 2013 at 3:46 am)Just-A-Curious-Girl Wrote: Just Curious...

[Image: 9462140899_26a70c52af_o.jpg]

Welcome, even though I have feeling you are not gonna last long here, lol Tiger

P.S. Does not really drive me mad (pretty much nothing does), but I always been "curious" why Christians do not follow Jesus ??? Thinking
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
The mere existence of Christianity alone is enough to irk me. The world would be a much better place if Christianity did not exist any more than its imaginary god.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I hate that Christianity, along with all the religions (I hate them all almost equally), elevates faith to a virtue and had a hand in fostering this society where people think it's great to be stupid.

1) That holds back discovery. This is the biggest one for me, medical advances are needed, people are suffering everyday, and some Christians are walking around opposing evolution, stem cells, what have you. If you're anti-science and anti-discovery, you're scum to me.

2) People who think having faith is a great thing, get screwed by psychics and mediums who'd profit on their loved one's death. It also makes them more likely to take alternate medicine and believe in pseudoscience.

3) The whole thing where Christianity condemned gays. A lot have come around, but that will make me hate the religion for quite a while.

4) The lying. The entire enterprise consistently lie to children. That's unacceptable in my book. Granted a lot of people didn't think they were lying, which is why I once again, blame the religion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The curious case of Sarah Salviander. Jehanne 24 6275 December 27, 2016 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Curious to know Little Rik 249 23982 July 3, 2016 at 6:13 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Curious about sneezing lol mlmooney89 29 4766 June 23, 2016 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: dom.donald
  Curious question of curiosity. Spooky 44 5599 November 14, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Spooky