Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Regrets of The Dying People
Top 5 Regrets of The Dying People
A palliative nurse recorded the most common regrets of the dying people

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.

3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

Source: http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/07...dying.html
[Image: oie_24131128_CIMC84_Qv.jpg]
Sometimes I Pretend To Be Normal,But It Gets Boring. So I go Back to Being Me.
RE: Top 5 Regrets of The Dying People
Well, at the age of 34 I can unequivocally state that #2 and #3 are not a problem for me.

If I were a betting man, I would guess that #1 would be the issue on the list I will most regret.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
So far, I don't see myself regretting these things. But I'm 21. Number 3 is probably only thing on this list that could be what I would regret. So far I don't.

I do regret not working hard enough sometimes. I feel like my work has meaning and I'm making small changes that could mean a lot to a small number of people. So I don't think it's time wasted. It's a good investment so far.
[Image: tumblr_m5temdyhH91qfgp00.gif]
With all due credit to George Carlin:

6. I should've fucked ol' what's-her-name.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFpMEtBTxHU

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

My only regret (or rather, the only one I'll really care about) will be that I didn't learn enough.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
It depends what I do as to what I regret, what I regret. What I regret right now is not punching enough people in the face when I was a child and young enough to get away with it without getting a criminal record, and not being as sexually active as I wanted to be in my teenager years, but who knows how I might have turned out if I had gone round punching and fucking.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

What? No one regrets not praying to God more often?
My grandmother, on her deathbed, was asked this by my mother. Her response-

'I wish I would have left your father'. (Way to kill the mood...my grandfather was present.) Sad

My mom also worked at a old folks' home. She could tell you that one regret not mentioned would be lack of masturbation. She told me those old geezers were always firing one off.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Top 5 Celeb Crushes T.J. 25 1502 November 18, 2021 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  "Top 10 Shows That Could Be The Next Game of Thrones." Gawdzilla Sama 11 938 May 21, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 1012 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  My mom is dying, going to need an ear. Brian37 230 29640 May 13, 2018 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Brian37
  [split] I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night Jesster 229 28778 July 17, 2017 at 2:22 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night Rhondazvous 48 17845 July 16, 2017 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  My Top 5 Pet Peeves chimp3 40 11000 June 1, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If You Were Dying of Hunger and Thirst JROHAN 39 5961 January 24, 2017 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Everyone's dying.... Foxaèr 39 4184 March 6, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Your Top 5 favorite users on AF forums you want to have dinner with ErGingerbreadMandude 294 38422 February 25, 2016 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Jackalope