Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you heard about The Venus Project?
Have you heard about The Venus Project?
[Image: logo.png]

http://www.thevenusproject.com/

What do you think about this? Thinking
RE: Have you heard about The Venus Project?
I think that we have way too many issues to deal with here on Earth,to worry about building something in any other planet.
(August 11, 2013 at 8:02 am)shadowninjax Wrote: [Image: logo.png]

http://www.thevenusproject.com/

What do you think about this? Thinking

I love this guy! His ideas really excite me; it's not every day I come across something that innovative. But I think that for now, that's all they'll be: ideas. Last Poet's right. There're a lot of issues going on that need addressing, and it's not realistic to expect us to get our act together enough to make major changes like The Venus Project anytime in the near future.
Wiki says this:
Quote: Fresco's project aims to restructure society through worldwide utilization of a theoretical design that he calls a resource-based economy. Those ideas use a version of sustainable cities, energy efficiency, natural resource management and advanced automation with a global socio-economic system based on social cooperation and scientific methodology.

All such societies crumble when the machines degrade... at least, according to Sci-fi.... and Sci-fi is always right! Tongue
(August 11, 2013 at 11:40 am)LastPoet Wrote: I think that we have way too many issues to deal with here on Earth,to worry about building something in any other planet.

Watch us ignore them.
(August 11, 2013 at 8:02 am)shadowninjax Wrote: What do you think about this?

I don't think about this. I consider this here and now to be the only moment worthy of real attention. If we don't carefully attend to this moment, then we will have no future to consider.
I don't quite see the point in it.

(August 11, 2013 at 11:40 am)LastPoet Wrote: I think that we have way too many issues to deal with here on Earth,to worry about building something in any other planet.
WTF are you talking about?
(August 11, 2013 at 5:12 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote:
(August 11, 2013 at 8:02 am)shadowninjax Wrote: What do you think about this?

I don't think about this. I consider this here and now to be the only moment worthy of real attention. If we don't carefully attend to this moment, then we will have no future to consider.

Kudous to you. You are amazing. Yes no thinking, we need to support it.

(August 12, 2013 at 3:56 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: I don't quite see the point in it.

WTF are you talking about?

No point?? No point in ending the unfair share of resources? No point in ending war?poverty? greed?

@LastPoet, hmm you may have to watch the video once. It's more about reforming the world, rather than about a mission to Venus lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2165 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Neptune, Saturn, Venus, Uranus, etc. arewethereyet 23 1526 July 16, 2023 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  MY Latest Project onlinebiker 18 1175 August 3, 2020 at 6:03 am
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 512 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  You guys heard of Turo? ignoramus 21 1463 December 10, 2019 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Sad Scenario: Is He Your Husband or Your Project? Rhondazvous 23 2596 June 17, 2018 at 1:23 pm
  Your opinions are required regarding this project . Enlightened Ape 7 1251 April 28, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Have you heard the good news? Martian Mermaid 44 4809 January 23, 2018 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Antares
Wink Time to brag about my project Clueless Morgan 14 3264 June 28, 2017 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  If you have an android phone you should read this. #5 is the most shocking. ErGingerbreadMandude 7 1954 December 18, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude