Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I don't oppose Islam as a country."
"I don't oppose Islam as a country."
Quote:(CNN) -- A candidate in Australia's parliamentary elections referred to Islam as a country. As a result, she's now referred to as a former candidate.

Stephanie Banister, a 27-year-old welder running for a seat in Rankin, Queensland, unleashed a series of blunders during an interview with CNN affiliate 7 News.

"I don't oppose Islam as a country, but I do feel that their laws should not be welcome here in Australia," Banister said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/11/world/...?hpt=hp_c2

There's an idea. We can make each religion a country, pack all of their followers in there and then withhold sanctions against them until we starve them out.

We can recarve the middle east for them, right?

With any luck they'll war amongst themselves. "The Christians are going to war with the Islamists! It's looking bad. News at eleven."

Quote:Banister was a candidate for the anti-immigration One Nation party in next month's elections. The interview gained her worldwide notoriety -- with commentators describing her as the "Australian Sarah Palin."

Well that's just rude.

Quote:Her campaign lasted a total of 48 hours.

So unforgiving, Politics.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
RE: "I don't oppose Islam as a country."
She's one of those types of people that I imagine in school, when asked to point to a country on a map, ended up with her finger on the chalk board about 4 feet off the map. Undecided
Quote:So unforgiving, Politics.

In Australia, maybe. Here she would be a tea party superstar.
http://atheistforums.org/thread-20318.html

However, this thread includes the fact that her campaign ended. LOL. Like Min said, if it were America, she'd still be a strong candidate.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(August 11, 2013 at 8:14 am)Rahul Wrote:
Quote:(CNN) -- A candidate in Australia's parliamentary elections referred to Islam as a country. As a result, she's now referred to as a former candidate.

Stephanie Banister, a 27-year-old welder running for a seat in Rankin, Queensland, unleashed a series of blunders during an interview with CNN affiliate 7 News.

"I don't oppose Islam as a country, but I do feel that their laws should not be welcome here in Australia," Banister said.

I suppose Muslims should consider her a new prophet for performing the miracle of literally putting Islam on the map.
(August 11, 2013 at 2:24 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(August 11, 2013 at 8:14 am)Rahul Wrote: .

I suppose Muslims should consider her a new prophet for performing the miracle of literally putting Islam on the map.

Maybe she's the Hidden Imam bringing the final Caliphate.Thinking
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
She plays with fire and metal for a living...she gets my vote. Mmm-hmm...
(August 11, 2013 at 11:58 am)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: http://atheistforums.org/thread-20318.html

However, this thread includes the fact that her campaign ended. LOL. Like Min said, if it were America, she'd still be a strong candidate.

Love the new avatar pic. Shit, I've got to watch that movie again. I haven't seen it in like 12 years. Since I broke up with that girl before I met my wife. She was obsessed with that movie.

Movie was good. She was not so good.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
I don't even understand how people can be so ignorant in this day and age? The internet has everything we could ever want to know right there at our fingertips.
Quote:The internet has everything we could ever want to know right there at our fingertips.[quote]

Availability of a resource is no guarantee that that resource will be used.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson