Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone!
Hello everyone!
Hello everyone!

I'm ex-catholic, i live in the island of Borneo, Indonesia, i'm 17 Y.o. In Indonesia, we're forced to have a relligion but i feel like i don't believe in God and then it's hard to being an atheist/agnostic/freethinker here.. My parents know that i'm an atheist and they forced me to believe, believe and believe. Most of Indonesian people think that atheist = communism (Muslim is the majority relligion here), they think that being agnostic/atheist/freethinker are bad and they will said: "Allahuakbar, f*** you atheist! F*** you antek america!" It's hard to being agnostic/atheist/freethinker here and it's hard to get out from this country and continue my study (University level) in the country that atheist/agnostic/freethinker is not a problem. Maybe i'll leave this country someday, ASAP

Thanks for reading my story, sorry for the bad english and have a nice day Smile
RE: Hello everyone!
Hello wilm and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome and, leaving your country some day is a shame but probably the best decision you'll ever make.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Guten Abend
(August 13, 2013 at 3:31 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Hello wilm and welcome to AF! ^_^

Thanks Smile

(August 13, 2013 at 4:39 am)Darwinian Wrote: Welcome and, leaving your country some day is a shame but probably the best decision you'll ever make.

Yeahh, maybe united states / german is my destination. ASAP Smile

But i dont know how to leave this country
Hi and welcome! I'm sorry to hear religion is forced in your country. I hope things change one day so you can be free from that shit.
Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Oh and as far as America, we may have it better as far as not fearing being arrested or murdered for having different beliefs, but the underpinnings of superstition and bigotry still hold a grip here. My co workers are fine knowing I am an atheist as long as I don't try to debate them or talk about it. Republicans here are trying to turn back the clock on voting rights and women's rights and abortion access. And many states , including mine have bans on gay marriage. Not to mention our pay gap and cost of living is outrageous. Human ignorance exists everywhere unfortunately.
I get the impression most Catholics are 'forced' or 'birthed'. How can you accept the choice to believe if it wasn't a choice?

My hero Palagius:
Quote:While in Rome, Pelagius first heard of Augustine through his reading of a prayer from Augustine's Confessions: "Give what Thou commandest and command that Thou wilt." To Pelagius, the philosophy expressed in this prayer sounded like the total abandonment of human responsibility and a denial of the ethical dimensions of the Christian faith. If all moral action, thought Pelagius, depends solely on God - both the commanding as well as the ability to obey - God is either an arbitrary tyrant or else man is a creature deprived of free will.
http://www.answers.com/topic/pelagius
(August 13, 2013 at 2:09 am)wilm Wrote: Hello everyone!

I'm ex-catholic, i live in the island of Borneo, Indonesia, i'm 17 Y.o. In Indonesia, we're forced to have a relligion but i feel like i don't believe in God and then it's hard to being an atheist/agnostic/freethinker here.. My parents know that i'm an atheist and they forced me to believe, believe and believe. Most of Indonesian people think that atheist = communism (Muslim is the majority relligion here), they think that being agnostic/atheist/freethinker are bad and they will said: "Allahuakbar, f*** you atheist! F*** you antek america!" It's hard to being agnostic/atheist/freethinker here and it's hard to get out from this country and continue my study (University level) in the country that atheist/agnostic/freethinker is not a problem. Maybe i'll leave this country someday, ASAP

Thanks for reading my story, sorry for the bad english and have a nice day Smile

You announce yourself as x Catholic, but list your religious views next to your avatar as Catholic? What's up with that?
Hey there, hope you have fun here.

Edit: Oh and, leave the country Big Grin. You'll feel a lot better, trust me, I know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1349 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2113 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5557 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1821 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7735 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2586 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3776 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1218 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2331 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm