Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being hungry
Being hungry
I recently posted that I had gained some weight over the past months and was planning on losing it. I asked some of you for some proposals on how to lose weight and I am greatfull for the sugestions you posted.
I decided to something different, which is not to eat at all during 2 days of the week. In the last 2 weeks I tried it on some days and found it to be a really hard thing to do and never made it through a day without eating.

But today I finaly managed to make it through an entire day without eating anything and only drinking water.

And it is amazing!

I have never felt so full of energy and so motivated to go and do my days tasks since I gave up benzoylmethylecgonine.
It is just the same feeling where you cant stop feeling that you ae capable of doing all your work without taking a break, and you actualy cant stop doing stuff because then you emidiatly start getting really hungry.

Does anyone here know why that is?
RE: Being hungry
Sounds remarkably like the 5:2 diet which is what I am currently dabbling with.

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
That reminds me. Lunch time.
(August 14, 2013 at 2:37 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I have never felt so full of energy and so motivated to go and do my days tasks since I gave up benzoylmethylecgonine.

I get that feeling also whenever I'm fasting in Ramadan. Big Grin

(August 14, 2013 at 2:37 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Does anyone here know why that is?

I think the main reason for that is because your digestive organs free up some of the body's energy that is required for digesting a heavy meal.

The following elaborates on the same answer that I gave (continued at the link below):

Quote:During fasting, we rest our system from the constant onslaught of food stuffs. We usually think of food as giving us energy, so it can be a new way of thinking to understand how the food we eat actually requires energy. Digesting, assimilating and metabolizing--these activities require a great deal of energy. It is estimated that 65% of the body's energy must be directed to the digestive organs after a heavy meal.

Free up this energy and it can be diverted to healing and recuperation. It can detox and repair cells, tissues and organs, eliminating foreign toxins as well as the natural metabolic wastes (which are also toxins) produced even by our healthy cells.

http://www.allaboutfasting.com/benefits-of-fasting.html
(August 14, 2013 at 2:37 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I recently posted that I had gained some weight over the past months and was planning on losing it. I asked some of you for some proposals on how to lose weight and I am greatfull for the sugestions you posted.
I decided to something different, which is not to eat at all during 2 days of the week. In the last 2 weeks I tried it on some days and found it to be a really hard thing to do and never made it through a day without eating.

But today I finaly managed to make it through an entire day without eating anything and only drinking water.

And it is amazing!

I have never felt so full of energy and so motivated to go and do my days tasks since I gave up benzoylmethylecgonine.
It is just the same feeling where you cant stop feeling that you ae capable of doing all your work without taking a break, and you actualy cant stop doing stuff because then you emidiatly start getting really hungry.

Does anyone here know why that is?
Fasting is great for you...but don't tell summerqueen that, she'll have a conniption fit.
You know, I was thinking that if I ever get too fat, I'd consider liposuction, but only on the condition that I keep the fat and turn it into soap. Maybe I'd have something like "This is what happens when you _________" [I don't know exactly how to end that sentence] and keep it around as a statement about human rights/social justice. Hopefully, you can guess what that's a reference to. Maybe if the crash diet doesn't work, that's an option you could take, TGAC.

Or maybe say something like: "Als sie mich holten,
gab es keinen mehr, der protestierte."
Of course, that may be too big for a bar of soap.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Hmmmm.... That doesn't sound very healthy. It might just fuck up your metabolism.
Quote:Free up this energy and it can be diverted to healing and recuperation.

So Darfur is going to clean up at the Olympics?
I will not respond to this thread because you never put a picture on mine.

...fuck!

(posts anyway)

Since I already typed something... Here is my reluctant response.

Your gall bladder will create crystalized stones. This could be dangerous in case of infection leading to the pancreas. There. I answered. Fuck it.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
it's an auto response to make your body more capable of finding/hunting for food... you're hungry and obviously need to source more. It's why the style of dieting is good. It kicks your body into repair mode for this very reason. Studies have showed that even new brain connections are formed. During famine in the 1930s, people lived longer than average, such are the potential health benefits.