Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychic and the wife
Psychic and the wife
Recently my wife has wanted to see a psychic. One of her coworkers turned her on to this psychic, saying that she is really good and so on. I have no interest whatsoever in seeing said psychic. Yet, wife wants to drag me into this and I just don't know what to say.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RE: Psychic and the wife
(August 14, 2013 at 6:02 pm)sarcasticgeographer Wrote: Recently my wife has wanted to see a psychic. One of her coworkers turned her on to this psychic, saying that she is really good and so on. I have no interest whatsoever in seeing said psychic. Yet, wife wants to drag me into this and I just don't know what to say.

I would tell her it is a ridiculous waste of time and money - and she'd better not be spending any of mine.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
I remember what my father always use to do when Jehovers witnesses came bye. Others would be rude and just slam the doo, which made them come bye more often.
My father let them in, served them tea, was very nice and then ingaged them into a 4 hour conversation in which he turned their world arround and fucked with their heads.
A friend of mine once took a hitchhiker with him who than started threatening him and being scary, so my friend scared him by stepping on the gas and driving 100 km/h in a 50 km/h zone.

Same here I propose. Dont see it as a pain in the ass, see it as an opportunity to make a point through amusing yourself on the cost of others.
Tell your wife, "If this psychic is so great, why is she doing readings for a pittance when she could easily earn one million dollars by winning the JREF Challenge?"
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
Learn to cold read, and you can read her future!
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
Psychics are con artists. Tell her you don't want to waste your money. Or you're a pussy.
Ask the wife why the "psychic" isn't cleaning up in the stock market or playing the horses instead of conning suckers out of chump change?
(August 14, 2013 at 6:02 pm)sarcasticgeographer Wrote: Recently my wife has wanted to see a psychic. One of her coworkers turned her on to this psychic, saying that she is really good and so on. I have no interest whatsoever in seeing said psychic. Yet, wife wants to drag me into this and I just don't know what to say.

Ask the psychic, in your wife's presence; "Can you tell me who gave me herpes?" That should spice up the session.
BTW, it's a joke - I mean no disrespect to those with herpes Wink Shades

I would go to get a 'reading'. Just go, "hmmm.." or "uh-huh", give nothing away and watch the psychic sweat Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I would probably say something to my wife like, "Why would I want to go to a psychic when I haven't had a lobotomy?"
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US man sues psychic who 'promised to remove ex-girlfriend curse' zebo-the-fat 24 2731 October 6, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  AF members' psychic predictions for 2016 Alex K 96 17775 September 3, 2016 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Psychic mediums jcvamp 25 4318 December 13, 2015 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Animal Psychic Conveys Cecil the Lion's Message to Humanity Salacious B. Crumb 49 15230 September 24, 2015 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  "Psychic" dies downbeatplumb 7 2884 August 29, 2015 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  My Mother the Psychic là bạn điên 28 8954 February 5, 2014 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Weewah
  Psychic past EGross 10 3985 March 12, 2013 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Wife beater blames... ghost? Ryft 15 5336 January 25, 2012 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Psychic prediction of mass graves turns out false Doubting Thomas 35 9896 July 12, 2011 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Psychic Powers Rayaan 15 8072 December 14, 2010 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris