Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We let Popeye go this morning
We let Popeye go this morning
It was time. He started having some serious trouble walking again a few days ago. The vet gave him some large doses of prednisone which had gotten him through similar problems in the past, and it helped for a couple a days this time. Up until today we thought he was going to be OK again, but this morning he wouldn't even try to stand up. So the vet came to the house and sent him on his way. He was a gentle giant. The best dog I've ever had, and everyone that knew him loved him. I am going to miss him very much.

[Image: HappyPops.jpg]
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
RE: We let Popeye go this morning
I am sorry for your loss.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Sorry to hear that mate. Know he meant a lot to you. I think all dogs would love to have an owner and a friend like you.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Deepest sympathy, Pappy.
I'm so sorry Pappy.
He was quite a boy and no doubt a good friend to you too. You can be proud of the quality of life you gave him. I'm sure he had a very good dog's life .. once you rescued him.

If you don't already have another dog I would recommend you get one soon, for a few reasons. First is a new dog would give you a good emo bond to get you through the loss of your old friend. Second your pack is incomplete without a dog in it and there are many dogs out there that would love to claim that niche. Finally you have the capacity to forge good relationships with dogs. Not everyone can. Start with any reasonable dog and you will soon have an exceptional dog because of the relationship you make with it.

Here's to Popeye, one hell of a dog.
(August 17, 2013 at 1:25 pm)whateverist Wrote: If you don't already have another dog I would recommend you get one soon, for a few reasons.

Yes I plan to get another Grey soon. It won't be until after I wrap the main part of this job in Corpus Christi up and get back home to Huntsville around the end of October. I've already got a couple of adoption groups keeping an eye out for a big male with the right attitude to do meet and greets so I can get involved in the adoption process again once I get home. The big boys that spent some time at the track just seem to be more laid back than most of the younger hounds, and I want one that can handle getting mauled by a two year kid in Petsmart without getting upset about it.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Condolences pappy
Ouch. That really sucks. You have my condolences as well.
Any spelling mistakes are due to my godlessness!
Oh no, pappy. I truly feel your loss. You have my sincerest sympathy.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's be different Foxaèr 38 2436 August 17, 2023 at 12:38 am
Last Post: no one
  Let's see your electric car do THIS... onlinebiker 18 1129 November 11, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let them eat spam! Foxaèr 33 2077 September 13, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What's your morning ritual? EgoDeath 44 2855 October 13, 2019 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Are you going to let him do that? onlinebiker 4 1057 August 22, 2019 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  They let these people breed onlinebiker 17 1418 February 17, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Let's (re-)watch a series on Netflix together. Mystic 33 3770 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Let's start some conspiracy theories. Gawdzilla Sama 76 10566 July 13, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5931 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Let's heathenize facebook Foxaèr 8 1025 March 21, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr