Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One small picture
One small picture
I saw this picture on 9gag today, with this caption:

The crew on the set of the new "Sherlock" series give the paparazzi something to think about.

[Image: aKz3OB6_460s.jpg]

Initially I thought "What a brilliant point!", But then it dawned on me. Paparazzi take photos of celebrities, because you get a lot of money from the business. And why does something sell? Well, because the demand is really high. Who creates the demand? The people. People want to read more about a movie star than about the riots and protests in Egypt? It makes me really sad, though I can't say that I am surprised.

So, even though I know I'm surrounded by avid news watchers and readers, I propose this:
  • Instead of buying a magazine, buy a newspaper.
  • Instead of watching a sitcom, turn on the news (Disclaimer: Fox does not broadcast news)
  • Download a news app.
  • Demand better social studies in all schools.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: One small picture
Most of all they are interfering with the filming of one of my favorite shows.
Why would they want to read about the riots in Egypt? Really man? Why would they even care? They aren't really able to do anything even if they do. It's the business of Egypt to sort its own problems. IF that means that a couple hundreds of thousands of people being fragged, so be it.
Let the arab union handle it.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(August 18, 2013 at 1:36 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Why would they want to read about the riots in Egypt? Really man? Why would they even care? They aren't really able to do anything even if they do. It's the business of Egypt to sort its own problems. IF that means that a couple hundreds of thousands of people being fragged, so be it.
Let the arab union handle it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCy8MpT45gk
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

There's too much of news shows already though. The media overkill puts me right off. I don't have time to read a broadsheet, but I do use google news on my mobile and follow top world stories and other subjects that I've specified, like science and tech. It's good because you only get the headline and can follow links to the full story if you're interested, and I don't get bombarded with uninteresting information.
(August 18, 2013 at 12:32 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: People want to read more about a movie star than about the riots and protests in Egypt?

I want to read/hear about neither. I tend to avoid the news just as much as I do celebrity gossip.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I don't know what's more depressing though...news full of wars and genocide, or tabloid images of Lindsay Lohan's floppy Joker lips peeking out from a skirt. Neither choice is very palatable.

Thank god for snuff films.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1011 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  "Hoodies should be illegal", sez party of "small government". Ryantology 17 5150 January 19, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A (Small) Rant on Caiden Cowger dudeofawesome 4 1435 February 13, 2013 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: dudeofawesome