Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Maryland
Greetings from Maryland
Hello all,

My name is David "DoubtingDave" Neff. I am 18 years old from Conowingo, Maryland.

I own the blog <snip> and am highly active in politics and in my community.

I am a student at Cecil College. My goal is to become a computer scientist and software developer, gain private sector/business experience and then move to becoming a politician.

Hope to meet y'all and see y'all around.
RE: Greetings from Maryland
Welcome and good luck with that goal!
(August 18, 2013 at 5:49 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Welcome and good luck with that goal!

Thanks.

Though as a gay atheist, I'm not sure how I'd do with the latter goal but by the time I run in 2030, the gay marriage debate will be long over and the Repooplicans will be either extinct or forced to recognize us.
Richard Dawkins Wrote:We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.

Richard Dawkins Wrote:One of the things that is wrong with religion is that it teaches us to be satisfied with answers which are not really answers at all.

(August 18, 2013 at 5:51 pm)DoubtingDave Wrote:
(August 18, 2013 at 5:49 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Welcome and good luck with that goal!

Thanks.

Though as a gay atheist, I'm not sure how I'd do with the latter goal but by the time I run in 2030, the gay marriage debate will be long over and the Repooplicans will be either extinct or forced to recognize us.
Hopefully, no one will care if you're gay or not... You'll be able to decide on more important things, like the maximum amount of fat that can be used in fries.
(August 18, 2013 at 5:56 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(August 18, 2013 at 5:51 pm)DoubtingDave Wrote: Thanks.

Hopefully, no one will care if you're gay or not... You'll be able to decide on more important things, like the maximum amount of fat that can be used in fries.

And the amount of fat I use (or at least for myself), quite a lot Big Grin
Richard Dawkins Wrote:We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.

Richard Dawkins Wrote:One of the things that is wrong with religion is that it teaches us to be satisfied with answers which are not really answers at all.

(August 18, 2013 at 5:56 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(August 18, 2013 at 5:51 pm)DoubtingDave Wrote: Thanks.

What, you mean some people have just as much right to try and reduce the national soda consumption as others have to try and make gay marriage illegal? Something's not right here, and it smells of religious-political bleed-over. I really hope the madness does indeed get better within the next two decades. I want to go into retirement knowing that people are more concerned about secular policies when it comes to government issues.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Yes, by that time perhaps the U.S. will have caught up with Europe :p
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Hi!

A politician? Couldn't you do better...like a garbage collector or something....anything? Smile

Welcome to AF!
(August 18, 2013 at 6:03 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Hi!

A politician? Couldn't you do better...like a garbage collector or something....anything? Smile

Welcome to AF!

LOL ROFLOL

You're right, most politicians today are dirt bags. I don't trust either side, I am proud to be independent Big Grin

Hello Dave and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Serbia! :) EvolucijaSvesti 12 749 November 16, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Blessings/Greetings to all here. Nishant Xavier 10 1180 June 15, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Greetings deleted 6 811 June 7, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Greetings!! jonahhockey34 7 1281 October 26, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Greetings Pnerd 13 1253 May 21, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greetings everyone h311inac311 11 1276 May 5, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Greetings...... PabloTescobar 22 2790 September 15, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Greetings. Impaler here. impaler 12 993 August 27, 2020 at 6:14 pm