Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:41 pm

Poll: Should abortion be...
This poll is closed.
Legal in all cases
32.14%
9 32.14%
Legal in most cases
46.43%
13 46.43%
Illegal in most cases
17.86%
5 17.86%
Illegal in all cases
0%
0 0%
Don't know
3.57%
1 3.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion Viewed in Moral Terms
Abortion Viewed in Moral Terms
Pew research did an interesting poll among adults. They found only 15% view abortion as morally permissible in any case

[Image: mofa-1.png]

This poll, as the image said, does not show those who say that it "depends on the situation."

[Image: mofa-2.png]

Atheists and the non-religious are much more likely to view abortion as morally permissible than the religious.

[Image: mofa-5.png]

This, I think is the most interesting (and important) one. More women view abortion as morally wrong than men - the exact opposite of what radical left wing abortionists want us to believe.

As far as stem cell research is concerned, most people (myself included) view that this is not a moral issue

[Image: mofa-6.png]

Source: http://www.pewforum.org/2013/08/15/abort...ral-terms/

Despite this, another Pew shows that, whilst most people view abortion as immoral (myself included), most do not want Roe v. Wade overturned.

[Image: abortion-poll-1.png]

As of last month, they also did an abortion slide show which I think is interesting http://features.pewforum.org/abortion-slideshow/
Richard Dawkins Wrote:We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.

Richard Dawkins Wrote:One of the things that is wrong with religion is that it teaches us to be satisfied with answers which are not really answers at all.

RE: Abortion Viewed in Moral Terms
It is a social issue and not a moral one. The argument that this is suposedly a moral issue is nothing but a refuge for people who cannot accept or willingly ignore social structures and realities.

I actualy know women who have been left alone by their men and who have to care for a child alone. Caring for a child alone can drive you into ruin both finacialy and your health. It is not a myth but a fact that single mums are in danger of falling into poverty and it is also not a myth that single mums just like any other mum are not exactly the most wanted thing on the jobmarket.

So if anyone here argues about "morality" surrounding this subject he or she, but probably a he who wants women behind the stove and maybe even slapped one or two women arround is nothing but a mysogenist fraud and coward who lacks the courage and brains to propose a socialy viable alternative to abortion.

Who am I joking. Not a single one of the people here who keep whining about how bad abnortion is, neither Drich, Godshild, ronedee, frodo or any of the others have the moral responsibility of wasting even a thought on how conditions in their society can be improved. They would rather waste their time on useless mental masturbation over an issue and ignoring or even getting somekind of plessure out of misery in their society.
Well, I never considered that abortion had a moral aspect beyond the one that allows people to commit unprotected sex and then abort the baby at will, meaning that it actually encourages people to be stupid.
However under the context of aborting babies with birth defects and such, I guess in moral terms, it is acceptable. It means that one less unproductive individual will join society as a leech, and will not be a burden upon the parents that have given life to it, allowing the parents to try again to bring forth a normal child that will do the same in the future, hopefully.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Not a moral issue for me; hell, as far as abortion goes, it's none of my damned business. (Except for the obvious trampling of rights, which I'm vocal against.)

I'm no misogynist for wanting my woman in the kitchen, btw...I'm just appreciative of a good meal. Smile
Here we go again... Another thread about how wrong it is for a woman to ever dare to have sex and how she deserves to be punished forever for her "crime".
I'm bored already.
Once again, religious shitwits sticking their god where it doesn't belong.
I just want to know what a "radical left wing abortionist" is.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Sounds like a FOX news slogan.
If you believe in god and are against abortion I have never understood how you give God such a free pass on this. After all God is the biggest aborter of fetuses there is - without the mothers permission I might add.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
(August 19, 2013 at 12:46 pm)max-greece Wrote: If you believe in god and are against abortion I have never understood how you give God such a free pass on this. After all God is the biggest aborter of fetuses there is - without the mothers permission I might add.

I think it's not about "killing babies", it's more about not violating god's will. Which is why the churches don't like condoms either. You don't plan your life, god does.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Moral Obligation to Choose the Lesser Evil DeistPaladin 79 5269 September 25, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Explain left and right to me (political terms) Macoleco 27 2115 February 19, 2019 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  So happens if Trump is impeached after the mid terms this fall GODZILLA 16 2471 May 7, 2018 at 4:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "Republicunt": why use terms like this? shadow 162 22158 November 27, 2017 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm against abortion until my mistress needs one Doubting Thomas 32 4632 October 8, 2017 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  Old ideas in politics need terms Foxaèr 3 840 February 2, 2017 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Disability and abortion BrokenQuill92 6 1554 December 8, 2015 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: c172
  TX Republicans kill filibuster, essentially ending abortion in state TaraJo 58 17907 June 24, 2015 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: das_atheist
  What are your thoughts on Intact dilation and extraction(aka Partial Birth Abortion)? IanHulett 6 1603 April 27, 2015 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Razzle
  Are Drone Strikes less Moral? CapnAwesome 34 5102 February 20, 2015 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam