Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Egyptian constitution may seek to ban all religious parties from politics
Wink 
New Egyptian constitution may seek to ban all religious parties from politics
-The new Egyptian constitution may seek to ban all religious parties from the political arena, sources told Ahram Online. The interim government may declare the Muslim Brotherhood a terror organization amid clashes which have left over 800 dead.

-The new draft constitution is expected to be announced on Wednesday, Ali Awad, head of the ten-member technical committee and legal aid to the interim president, said in a Sunday press conference.

-The source said the ban is necessary, as a number of political parties were formed on religious ideology with an ultimate goal of creating a religious state in Egypt. Such caution against religious extremism arose after “proposals from more than 400 political, economic, and social institutions, pressing hard for the necessity of safeguarding Egypt against Islamist factions trying to change the civil nature of the country into a religious oligarchy.”

Source: http://rt.com/news/egypt-constitution-re...y-ban-646/

Other countries should follow this as well I'm getting pretty sick of religious nut heads getting into politics and trying to force their half baked believes on everyone.
[Image: oie_24131128_CIMC84_Qv.jpg]
Sometimes I Pretend To Be Normal,But It Gets Boring. So I go Back to Being Me.
RE: New Egyptian constitution may seek to ban all religious parties from politics
Egyptian secular military establishment is engaged in a no quarters taken or given, existential struggle against Islamic brotherhood. That's why you are seeing the violence and these proclaimations. But the very acts the military is taking are making any Egypt that would emerge from a military victory a pariah, and destroy any vestige of social cohesion inside Egypt. Meanwhile none of the economic problems that brought Egypt here is being addressed.

This will turn out ugly. Egypt will fail as a state, its economy will collapse, and it turn into a breeding ground for extremism.
RE: New Egyptian constitution may seek to ban all religious parties from politics
Couldn't they have a centuries long ramadan?
I mean.... it's been over a month since I hear anything about Egypt.... and now this...
It's good news...
It's a step in the right direction...
It's a difficult step... But I guess it has a few crutches from the EU and the US...
(August 19, 2013 at 5:21 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Couldn't they have a centuries long ramadan?
I mean.... it's been over a month since I hear anything about Egypt.... and now this...
It's good news...
It's a step in the right direction...
It's a difficult step... But I guess it has a few crutches from the EU and the US...

Egypt was bordering on being being a failed state unable to feed itself even under Mubarak, with a highly tense peace kept amongst a large, diseffected, unemployed or underemployed populus only through government subsidized food import programs, and the government was edging ever closer to insolvency. I can't imagine the finances of Egypt would have improved since the fall of Mubarak. The massacre of the protesters will knock the crutch out from major US and EU support.

Egypt will likely soon go bankrupt paying for imports of food to keep the peace. What will the military do then?
The Saudis have more than got it covered. The last thing they want is another radical islamic state like Iran.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2430 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 6957 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 328 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 773 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 489 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1322 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  Why Political Parties Mean Nothing onlinebiker 10 626 September 29, 2020 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Divinity
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 978 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  USA politics of hate Richi29 4 381 July 23, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1578 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah