Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imagine,All religious people disappear from Earth and only atheists are left.
Star 
Imagine,All religious people disappear from Earth and only atheists are left.
Let's say that all religious people just left planet Earth and only atheists stayed here,what kind of progress would we see under science,politics,peace and economics.

Do you think that we will still need weapons if there was no religion?
[Image: oie_24131128_CIMC84_Qv.jpg]
Sometimes I Pretend To Be Normal,But It Gets Boring. So I go Back to Being Me.
RE: Imagine,All religious people disappear from Earth and only atheists are left.
I always agreed with whomever it was that first said the Rapture would be a win/win.
RE: Imagine,All religious people disappear from Earth and only atheists are left.
As long as resources are limited, we'll still have wars.
I'm sure there are plenty of atheists that wouldn't mind robbing you blind and raping the missus, so yeah, we'd still need weapons.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
There are just as many psychopathic atheists as there are religious fanatics. What is worse, atheist self select for intelligence, which tend to make the average atheist psychopaths more formidable than the average religious fanatic.
(August 19, 2013 at 4:17 pm)Big Blue Sky Wrote: Let's say that all religious people just left planet Earth and only atheists stayed here,what kind of progress would we see under science,politics,peace and economics.

Wow, you associate everything bad in the world with religion as to suggest that religious people design, manufacture and use weapons and start wars.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(August 19, 2013 at 5:06 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(August 19, 2013 at 4:17 pm)Big Blue Sky Wrote: Let's say that all religious people just left planet Earth and only atheists stayed here,what kind of progress would we see under science,politics,peace and economics.

Wow, you associate everything bad in the world with religion as to suggest that religious people design, manufacture and use weapons and start wars.
I see a question mark on that QUESTION. No statement was made.
(August 19, 2013 at 5:10 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote:
(August 19, 2013 at 5:06 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Wow, you associate everything bad in the world with religion as to suggest that religious people design, manufacture and use weapons and start wars.
I see a question mark on that QUESTION. No statement was made.

I hope you will have an more pleasant orgasm after fixing this.
[Image: oie_24131128_CIMC84_Qv.jpg]
Sometimes I Pretend To Be Normal,But It Gets Boring. So I go Back to Being Me.
Before doing anything, first I would have to buy a cake and throw a party. Lots of my friends would still be around! And my family, too.
(August 19, 2013 at 4:17 pm)Big Blue Sky Wrote: Do you think that we will still need weapons if there was no religion?

I think that there would still be plenty of "isms" that we could use to justify doing terrible things to each other. We invented religion, after all.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's the "Who would be left" contest! Angrboda 8 632 July 27, 2023 at 6:57 am
Last Post: emjay
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 556 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Goodbye, Earth! Jehanne 5 534 June 30, 2022 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  How many of you would punish religious people for being religious? Ahriman 222 17973 May 2, 2022 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Losty
  photos that prove Afghanistan is one the most beautiful places on earth. WinterHold 71 9773 September 6, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1324 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It's Time I Left The Architect Of Fate 30 2612 August 4, 2021 at 11:19 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Religious people get very little reps, it's xenophobia and religionism. WinterHold 353 25043 July 12, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 614 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Am I the only one who hasn't reset their clocks for Daylight Savings yet? Angrboda 5 283 November 24, 2020 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris