Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another school shooting
Yet another school shooting
A man carrying an AK-47 opened fire in a Georgia elementary school, luckily nobody was injured or killed:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/20/us/georgia...l-gunshots

I will say it again, these kinds of incidents will continue to happen until we get sensible gun control in this country.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Yet another school shooting
Too bad Obama didn't get through with the new "Gun Law".
But maybe in the future it will change.
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/04/politics/obama-guns
I am against guns aswell. Smile
Nah. Too many gun nuts in this country.
This country needs strict gun laws like here in Chicago
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

Guns don't kill people; terrorists with commercial airliners kill people.
I say we ban jumbo jets!
Statisticaly these kind of events are just as common in the US as they are elsewhere in the world.

And strict gun control will not prevent a person who is determined to commit a massacre.

I remember a girl trying to do a massacre in a highschool in Germany with a sword 4 or 5 years ago.
You do understand that there is a difference between "trying" to do it and "doing" it?
(August 21, 2013 at 4:38 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: Guns don't kill people; terrorists with commercial airliners kill people.
I say we ban jumbo jets!

Yes because jumbo jets were invented with the sole purpose of killing a target!

Oh wait, that tired analogy still fails doesn't it?
(August 21, 2013 at 5:41 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I remember a girl trying to do a massacre in a highschool in Germany with a sword 4 or 5 years ago.

Isn't that like the third most common plot in anime?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Screw it...ban them back to black powder(pre minie ball days, preferably). Hard to conceal a 34" barreled smoothbore, and harder to hit a target. A 911 call can be responded to in the time it takes to reload as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 9987 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks Agnostico 169 6296 June 18, 2020 at 6:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  School Shootings Foxaèr 50 4504 May 23, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What would you change about the American public school system? Bahana 53 6075 April 17, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Does the media love mass shooting? Coveny 9 1304 February 24, 2018 at 3:12 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Florida school shooting: FBI mishandled tip on gunman's 'desire to kill' WinterHold 7 1118 February 18, 2018 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Watergate II: The strongest hint of Russian collusion yet DarkerEnergy 3 1387 July 9, 2017 at 7:31 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Yet Another Lying Drumpfuck! Minimalist 6 1929 June 10, 2017 at 12:51 am
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Tired of All This Winning Yet, Drumpfucks? Minimalist 24 3593 April 10, 2017 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Joods
  Trump, anyone moved yet? paulpablo 13 1851 November 25, 2016 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome