Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sex offender at the gym
sex offender at the gym
I'm not totally certain but I'm fairly sure I saw a guy at my gym who used to teach at my old school who got in trouble for sex offenses with the police for inviting kids to his house to drink wine and wrestle with him.
To top off my suspicion I remember he used to touch some boys in a weird way, like stroke across their hair slowly, and at the gym he was touching a black guys bicepts while talking to him, which isn't weird at the gym but couple that with the fact that he looks exactly like the guy only a lot older which would make sense because it's been over 10 years since I was at school.

What would you do? I know the guys surname do you think if I'm curious I could just say hey is your surname ..........

I'm not out for vigilante justice by the way I'm just wondering what you people would do, any tricks to find out a guys name? I might not even see the guy again for all I know he might have recognized me and not come back to the gym, do you think it's ok for a sex offender to go to the gym though?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: sex offender at the gym
You can just walk up to him and say hi. Ask him about the machine he's using or something, then introduce yourself, it's only polite if he tells you his name too. Unless you think he'll recognize you then you can get a friend to do it for you.

Whether or not it's ok for him to be in a gym depends on the law.
Do not under any circumstances tell people and thereby start rumors to spread. That will almoust certainly backfire.
And even if he is, it is not your job to somehow execute the law by notifying the authorities, unless he engages in criminal activity.

Back in your schooldays, did he face the charges against him at one point?
(August 23, 2013 at 8:35 am)paulpablo Wrote: do you think it's ok for a sex offender to go to the gym though?
Why on earth wouldn't it be?

The point of having non-life sentences for crimes is that after the sentence is over, the person is considered to have been justly punished, and free to go back into society again.
Well, I'm pretty sure being labeled as a sex offender IS a life sentence, just one in which you can be a part of society with limitations. That being said - as long as he's not feeling people up or whatever he can be in a gym all he wants.
(August 23, 2013 at 9:25 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: Do not under any circumstances tell people and thereby start rumors to spread. That will almoust certainly backfire.
And even if he is, it is not your job to somehow execute the law by notifying the authorities, unless he engages in criminal activity.

Back in your schooldays, did he face the charges against him at one point?

yeh definitely, he was a school teacher who brought kids back to his house gave them alcohol and wrestled with them. I mean I don't know the actual charges but it was in the newspaper and the newspaper was implying that charges would be put against him, I didn't plan to go telling anyone else about it.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

(August 23, 2013 at 9:42 am)paulpablo Wrote: yeh definitely, he was a school teacher who brought kids back to his house gave them alcohol and wrestled with them. I mean I don't know the actual charges but it was in the newspaper and the newspaper was implying that charges would be put against him, I didn't plan to go telling anyone else about it.

Weird.

When sexoffenders are released from jail here (which hardly happens because the punishment is almoust always 25 to life) they find themselves under 24/7 police surveilance.

I guess if he is free, this means that he has faced his punishment. In which case it is not for you to do anything about him, unless he commits a crime.
You could visit that registered sex offenders site to see if it really is him.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 23, 2013 at 9:45 am)The Germans are coming Wrote:
(August 23, 2013 at 9:42 am)paulpablo Wrote: yeh definitely, he was a school teacher who brought kids back to his house gave them alcohol and wrestled with them. I mean I don't know the actual charges but it was in the newspaper and the newspaper was implying that charges would be put against him, I didn't plan to go telling anyone else about it.

Weird.

When sexoffenders are released from jail here (which hardly happens because the punishment is almoust always 25 to life) they find themselves under 24/7 police surveilance.

I guess if he is free, this means that he has faced his punishment. In which case it is not for you to do anything about him, unless he commits a crime.

Again I wasn't thinking about actually doing anything, the question was do I satisfy my own curiosity and ask the guys name or just leave it alone altogether.

I was surprised to find myself thinking it might be him and I thought surely it can't be, but a few things did occur to me.

1 The punishment for just wrestling with kids might not be that harsh.
2 It was a while ago he did it.
3 I might be totally and completely wrong and it might be mistaken identity.

(August 23, 2013 at 9:50 am)paulpablo Wrote: Again I wasn't thinking about actually doing anything, the question was do I satisfy my own curiosity and ask the guys name or just leave it alone altogether.

I was surprised to find myself thinking it might be him and I thought surely it can't be, but a few things did occur to me.

1 The punishment for just wrestling with kids might not be that harsh.
2 It was a while ago he did it.
3 I might be totally and completely wrong and it might be mistaken identity.

Well that is for you to decide.

I am not your mum and cant tell you not to be nosey.

Just dont spread rumors or do anything that inflicts harm on that person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2234 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Brunei to Punish Adultery and Gay Sex With Death by Stoning Megabullshit 0 230 March 31, 2019 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  What Was Your Sex Education Like? Jade-Green Stone 30 2722 October 21, 2018 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  A Thought On Oral Sex BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1677 September 22, 2018 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another sex poll...4 or 9? John V 85 14606 April 19, 2018 at 4:25 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Food or sex? Which would you give up? Angrboda 67 6008 January 1, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Ethics of sex robots Catholic_Lady 171 12574 November 1, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Song Thread: Sex and Violence brewer 0 465 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Sexual Pleasure after a Sex Change Operation Rhondazvous 13 4758 April 18, 2017 at 10:21 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  Sex song thread brewer 26 5845 February 20, 2017 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: brewer