Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you Name a Single Successful Government Program?
Can you Name a Single Successful Government Program?
I'm serious, show me one single successful government program or law, and I will accept the government as valid.

The welfare state, since it's inception has created a higher wealth gap and higher unemployment than when it started.

The "War on drugs" has not changed people's use of recreational drugs, it has remained exactly the same, the only difference is some people are thrown in cages for owning a plant and thousands of dollars are taken from each citizen in tax money.

Public schools, when it was first introduced, literacy rates went down.

"The War on Terror" boils down to bombing hundreds of thousands of brown people, many civilians. Which is terrorism by definition, bombing civilians houses is terrorism.

Making it illegal to work for low wages (shockingly!) made it worse for the poor. higher unemployment particularly with minorities and youth.

Everything the government claims they will achieve, the opposite happens. So please, I implore you, find me any government program that has worked.

The rules:

- The program's results has to coincide with what the government claims they are going to achieve.

- It can not be curing a problem they created in the first place. I.e, taking everyone's money to fund a war then giving them rations while saying "We would be starving without the government" is not acceptable.

- The evidence has to be outside of government studies. Any studies from the government will not be accepted. It's like expecting objective information about coca-cola products from coca-cola. It's obviously going to be biased.
The only freedom, is freedom from illusion.
RE: Can you Name a Single Successful Government Program?
You are living proof that libertarians are fucking idiots.
(August 23, 2013 at 12:41 pm)Koolay Wrote: I'm serious, show me one single successful government program or law, and I will accept the government as valid.

I am no more a fan of government than you, but goodness gracious do you give people like me a bad reputation.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Project Mercury (1959–63)
Project Gemini (1961–66)
Project Apollo (1961–72)

You lose!
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(August 23, 2013 at 12:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You are living proof that libertarians are fucking idiots.
What does that make me then?

Also, Libertarians accept government as valid. He sounds more like an anarchist.
I hear that Medicare is actually doing OK. I'm sure all those people on it would agree.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(August 23, 2013 at 12:55 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I hear that Medicare is actually doing OK. I'm sure all those people on it would agree.

Has Medicare made people healthier since it's inception? Where is the independent evidence I asked for?
Well it's helped people not die by helping them get medical care they otherwise could not afford, so I'd say yes.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(August 23, 2013 at 1:09 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Well it's helped people not die by helping them get medical care they otherwise could not afford, so I'd say yes.

And why can't they afford healthcare?
(August 23, 2013 at 1:04 pm)Koolay Wrote:
(August 23, 2013 at 12:55 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I hear that Medicare is actually doing OK. I'm sure all those people on it would agree.

Has Medicare made people healthier since it's inception? Where is the independent evidence I asked for?

Where is your independent evidence for how public schools aren't successful? Because the literacy rate went down at the beginning of their inception? The literacy rate of kids age 15 or younger today, because of public schools and the availability of education, is 99%. Pretty successful if you ask me.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The origin of my user name GUBU 1 192 August 16, 2022 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Founding fathers view of government Won2blv 38 2282 March 21, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The greatest FU to the government this 4th of July Foxaèr 10 1214 June 15, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  A Stupid Statements About Single Payer Healthcare Amarok 43 6639 December 1, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  A Good Time For A Government Shutdown TwoKnives99 18 2295 November 19, 2018 at 12:25 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2226 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Why does it have to be government vs market? Aegon 15 2989 December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Trump May End DACA Program Seraphina 30 8994 September 8, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Government By A Fragile Ego Minimalist 11 2936 August 23, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 70517 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger