Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
most heated arguments / debates.
most heated arguments / debates.
Who is the person on this forum you had the most long/heated/annoying argument with?

Mine was probably surprisingly violet lily blossom, surprising because she's not a muslim.

It was a several pages long debate about the age which people should be allowed to have consensual sex.

The only other thread that springs to mind is the proving god existence thread which did last a long time.

This isn't a thread to re hash debates by the way, just curious as to if anyone else had a long thread and a person they debated with that springs to mind.

I know some of you have because I've seen them going on I just can't remember the specifics of all of them.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: most heated arguments / debates.

I tend not to have long, heated discussions. Constant, extended tactical engagement is an imprudent waste of resources in my view. I wait for my moment, get in, do my damage and get out. Lingering is simply giving your adversary unnecessary opportunities and weakening your overall effectiveness. If I can't achieve my objective in a handful of posts, it's either likely not worth trying, or there is a defect in my argument, approach, or assessment of the situation. If opportunities exist, exploit them; if no opportunities exist, provoke them; if opportunities can't be provoked, gather intelligence; if intelligence gathering is fruitless, plan; if planning bears no fruit, sleep. (There are exceptions to these principles, but i don't want to bore you with a bunch of dry talk of strategy.)

"Strength everywhere is strength nowhere." — Sun Tzu

[Image: Ling_Xiaoyu-sm.jpg]

[Image: w75.png]— Thanks to Kayenneh for the inspiring imagery. Thanks Kay!

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I don't remember that shit. I didn't realise anybody took it all that seriously.
People have heated arguments / debates here?

I thought this was for entertainment....
(laughing at theists Big Grin)
I've had a few and I always feel like a cunt afterwards.

(Bring on the "you feel like a cunt all the time/that's because you are a cunt" jokes)

Big Grin
I don't take online debates seriously enough to have very heated ones, but I've had a number of long ones. Forget who they were with though.

(August 25, 2013 at 1:29 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I've had a few and I always feel like a cunt afterwards.

(Bring on the "you feel like a cunt all the time/that's because you are a cunt" jokes)

Big Grin

Napoleon, don't sell yourself short! You're a remarkable cunt!
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(August 25, 2013 at 12:54 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: I don't remember that shit. I didn't realise anybody took it all that seriously.

I only came onto this forum to have heated long long debates, there's been a severe lack of them recently resulting in my boredom.

And I haven't felt like a cunt from any one of the major arguments I've had on here.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

(August 25, 2013 at 6:17 pm)paulpablo Wrote: And I haven't felt like a cunt from any one of the major arguments I've had on here.

Guess you win all your arguments.

Tiger
(August 25, 2013 at 6:21 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(August 25, 2013 at 6:17 pm)paulpablo Wrote: And I haven't felt like a cunt from any one of the major arguments I've had on here.

Guess you win all your arguments.

Tiger

I probably don't but I feel like I do.

No need for me to mention all the heated debates I participate in, since everybody knows I'm the queen of all debates existing in these forums. I mean, I can't even catch a break. Shiyit. Never even get to stop to say hi in the Off Topic section. Angel
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some days we like a heated controversy? Brakeman 11 2152 June 20, 2014 at 12:12 am
Last Post: naimless
Rainbow How Do You Respond to Transphobic Arguments?/I'm back! Diamond 66 15509 March 28, 2014 at 10:12 am
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Politician's Hilarious Take Down Of Anti-Gay Arguments Gooders1002 1 1017 July 2, 2013 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Arguments for the prohibition of drugs Grockel 39 9804 March 5, 2013 at 2:51 am
Last Post: jstrodel
  Stupidly Hilarious Arguments Paul the Human 27 12623 May 29, 2010 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Suggestion for all future Atheist Vs Apologist debates HannibalBarca 3 1638 April 27, 2010 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: HannibalBarca