Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synopsis Game
Tongue 
Synopsis Game
Even though I am not an avid reader (I prefer audible works myself), I thought of a game involving any books, movies, or anything with a plotline for that matter. This is where you can take a jab at dreadful entertainment... or maybe to compliment one that you find superb?

The idea is to provide a summary (or synopsis) for any published books or released movies etc. Try not to be obvious when giving a summary; be illusive. Extra points for wittiness or humour. Do not provide the name of the media you are summarizing in your post (eg: the name of the movie you are summarizing).

Once you have posted a synopsis, you must guess the name of the book/movie/etc. of the person above you.

I will start.

One schizophrenic man and twelve schizophrenic friends travel the Middle East, conning gullible men and women as they proceed. Some of the protagonist's friends record their tales for everyone else to acknowledge. Eager to be heard, the protagonist partakes in various peculiar acts, such entering a temple of worship to whip the marketers inside. Eventually, the people of the Middle East become irate with the protagonist and settle things in Golgotha.
RE: Synopsis Game
My guess: the bible! Books Mark, John, Luke or Matthew.

My synopsis: This is a tale about of a little boy, his mother and alcoholic father. They moved to a remote location for his dad's new job where the little boy encountered many unnatural things, including moving animal-shaped topiaries. The father also experienced many disturbing scenes made him more and more violent. The story ended with a big boom.
Oh, fuck me.

Anyone else want to try guessing pineapple's?
Hint: it's a popular book (very very popular, I left out all the hallmark scenes and items because you said not to be obvious), I think it was made into a movie as well.
No clue.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Ooops.
Ok more hints: They were living in an empty hotel; they were snowed in; woman in a bathtub; wasps; the big boom involved a boiler. The boy has an ability. Wink It's a horror book.
I thought that's what it was, but I don't remember the father being an alcoholic.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
he was, he was recovering but he lapsed back into it. Want to name the book and post your synopsis? Smile
The Shining(?)

Synopsis: It's the most epic road trip ever. A couple of friends set out from the suburbs into the big world, carrying a highly addictive substance. Along the road they meet new friends and lots of foes. The protagonist sinks deeper into his addiction, but his best friend helps him all the way to the end.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura