Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense
Defense
Occasionally I hear people defend christianity by commenting the following:

"But you don't need religion! All you need is to believe in the spirit of Jesus Christ!"

Any responses to this strange remark?
RE: Defense
Spirit of Jesus Christ is nothing but the artifact of religion.
Suggestion 1: Well then get rid of the religion, sell off the churches and all their lands and fire all the clergy. No?
Suggestion 2: Don't be so full of shit.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I need that about as much as I need tits on my toilet seat.

Come to think of it, that would be pretty cool.
Honestly, when I hear people giving this statement, I literally stumble backwards looking like I just witnessed the Holocaust.
(August 25, 2013 at 1:24 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Suggestion 1: Well then get rid of the religion, sell off the churches and all their lands and fire all the clergy. No?

YES! I want my 10% back too... with interest!
Tell them they're doing it wrong. All they need is the spirit of Muhammed.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(August 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: Tell them they're doing it wrong. All they need is the spirit of Muhammed.

Yes, yes, do You recommend that I cite any verses like... Allahu Akbar?
(August 25, 2013 at 1:42 pm)Walking Void Wrote:
(August 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: Tell them they're doing it wrong. All they need is the spirit of Muhammed.

Yes, yes, do You recommend that I cite any verses like... Allah Ackbar?

When discussing religion, it's always appropriate to quote Ackbar: "It's a trap!"

However, always cite the Quoran: "Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of God, and the Seal of the Prophets: and God has full knowledge of all things" (The Noble Quran, 33:40). Bible verses vs. Quoran verses: a fight so good I could order it on PPV.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

My mother is one of these types. She threw out the baptismal bath water, sans baby, years ago. Apparently if you gather with other whack-o's, it degenerates into religion. By yourself though, Christianity is fresh and relevant. My thinking is people who say this stuff are just of a more independent streak. They still love the taste of the Kool-Aid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plantinga's "Free Will" defense contradicts Christianity mrj 96 5694 February 8, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  An abortion in defense of the Bible. IanHulett 3 1384 July 19, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The most insane defense of faith healing ever Esquilax 38 6594 February 27, 2015 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Rational defense of Christianity? watchamadoodle 108 27674 January 4, 2015 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Judgement day defense strageity [sic] Pt. 2 Mudhammam 26 5848 November 5, 2014 at 12:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Judgement day defense strageity. Drich 87 11907 November 4, 2014 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  My Defense of Christianity. CBA222 197 76185 September 3, 2012 at 2:20 am
Last Post: Lion IRC