Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, Its been a good number of weeks here and I never posted an Introduction...... Dont fall asleep on me.

My name is Dean a 25 yo software developer from Northern Ireland, UK.

My walk of faith started as a little Kid I adored my Grandparents and every sunday without fail they would take me to Church with them. I never really quite 'Got' god or jesus as a kid but meh I still believed in something.

From being a kid I always used to pray - I prayed to God not to Jesus actually many times I spoke really badly of him because I thought God was God and thats all who matters.

Growing up I had a belief in God but not specificly the christian god, When I got to Uni I decided to join the Christian Union. It was amazing (at first) and I became a Christian there and then - My walk over the last 6 years has been intresting - Lots of things Christians seen I could never see. When I raised questions I was always told I had a 'Warped' view of the Bible. I didnt understand why - Surely if it says X it does not mean Y however many christians believe X actually ment Y but also sometimes Z.

In Uni I couldent get this logic how people could have such blind beliefs, Most when questioned about a single pillar ran and hid pretty much because I was infringing their perfect little world.

I stayed a Christian through two Christian Relationships where the girl none the less cheated on me then blamed me for not being loving enough. And the second one the girl had mental issues.

The reason I hung on was because Christianity was the best way to meet Girls!

I then Committed the Unforgivable Sin about 5 months ago - Went into a ball of torment and hopelessness and then finally lost it with God (How could he make me feel so confused and guilty how come he put such a vague statement in the bible like that which actuallt risks eternity with no actual explination) After a while I started getting annoyed.

From when I first started being a Christian I read all different books e.g. the Apocrphia / Gnostic Scripture so I was well versed in the weaknesses of Christianity which I knew was a precurser to my lack of faith.

Then when I felt hopeless I prayed one last time (God please give me a sign that you exist - I am going to leave if you dont) And I got no sign.

After that I put my knowledge of the Pillars of Christianity to use against christianity and have started ripping down the walls of belief.

Its not easy but I am sure I will get there eventually. So I dont know what I believe now - I want to believe in something though I am leaning Increasingly closer that we are Energy that when we die our Energy goes onto the Astral Plane.

Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity would back my view point up on this.

Anyway - If you want to know more let me know,

-- Dean
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
RE: Newbie
Well, glad to have you along Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Hear Dick tell you about it Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDTcMD6pOw

Welcome
What part of Einsteins' theory would back up the Astral plane? And, welcome Smile
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(August 27, 2013 at 10:19 am)themonkeyman Wrote: Then when I felt hopeless I prayed one last time (God please give me a sign that you exist - I am going to leave if you dont) And I got no sign.

Did the same thing when I was in the last ruins of my faith. I gave God a chance to show me that he is real, but no sign ever occurred. Pretty much sealed the deal for me on knowing that God either doesn't exist or doesn't care, which either way he is not worth worshiping.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Hey monkeyman and welcome to AF! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome, sir. Enjoy this fine forum.
(August 27, 2013 at 10:42 am)missluckie26 Wrote: What part of Einsteins' theory would back up the Astral plane? And, welcome Smile

Hey,

I take his famous Quote. “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.” I base my belief that proving he is correct that we and our souls or spirits are energy that cannot really be destroyed so so taking this theory I believe that it leaves open the room for ascention.

I know its probably bull shit but its what I believe for now - It kinda is comforting to know.
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi there and welcome Smile. I hope you've been having fun and will continue to have fun here!

Also curious about astral plane, however have a feeling discussion'd get rather heated, open a thread on that if you don't mind, it'll be more interesting than all the Christian crap that's been going around. Wink
Howdy!
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3245 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Newbie from UK Lucian 4 816 September 9, 2022 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Newbie from UK Lucian 4 908 September 9, 2022 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Lucian
  Hi from a newbie here TrueNorth 16 1212 August 10, 2022 at 4:32 am