Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No morality in science ?
No morality in science ?
Seems the opposite is true..

http://www.nature.com/news/just-thinking...or-1.13616
RE: No morality in science ?
I am not sure where this get you. Just thinking about religion probably triggers what the religious thinks is moral behavior as well.

The key difference is science allows one to find things that have indenpendent existence totally outside of one's particular concept of morality, and those things have independent capacity to act upon the individual in complete disregard of his or her concept of morality. So Science is worth something irrespective of morality.

Religion, on the other hand, has shown not the slightest sign of capacity for worth beside through influence on morality. And its inability to find its justification in morality is now ever more appearent.
I'm not sure we read the same article. As I understood what was said, pre-loading people's mind with terms and concepts such as logic and hypotheses kicks the brain into a state where moral mindsets come more naturally.
(August 27, 2013 at 4:24 pm)StuW Wrote: I'm not sure we read the same article. As I understood what was said, pre-loading people's mind with terms and concepts such as logic and hypotheses kicks the brain into a state where moral mindsets come more naturally.
Tell that to lab animals.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Science vs Morality Mozart Link 96 12687 July 7, 2014 at 8:36 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science FifthElement 23 7683 June 25, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Study: the origin of morality Foxaèr 30 7790 May 13, 2013 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Book exploring evolution and morality. Brian37 3 1727 March 23, 2013 at 8:15 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Science Laughs: Science Comedian Brian Malow orogenicman 4 4266 December 10, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Lethe