Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just wanted to say hello
Just wanted to say hello
Hello, I used to be a christian and now I'm not. Blunt i know lol. I run a sometime youtube vlog and do some writiing and I came here to converse with like minded people.
You why I'm not a christian anymore is because I had a goo friend that was a former christian and a very smart guy, we hit it off on all kinds of topics and he would challenge on my beliefs all the time, and I found I often could not answer. shortly after we lost touch I asked my self something, becaus ehe was gay (I'm not). "If god makes us who we are, then why does he make gay people and then burn them in hell for being gay?" after that I became a atheist.
RE: Just wanted to say hello
Quote:Hello, I used to be a christian and now I'm not.

Succinct. I like that.

Welcome aboard.
Hi! And welcome!
Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hi there!
(August 28, 2013 at 1:31 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: "If god makes us who we are, then why does he make gay people and then burn them in hell for being gay?"

Welcome

Let me just warn you about some resolutions to your issue that Christians may offer you. Each is just as ridiculous as the next...

Because Gay is a choice, and we have free will. If someone chooses to be Gay against God's will, then they deserve to be eternally scorched, why does this not sit well with you?
Angel Cloud -Christian Logic 101

He doesn't actually burn them, God actually likes Gay people. All anybody has to do is A/S/K and Jesus will save them with his super powers. Gay or not. If they don't do this, then God does rapes to their soul for eternity. He doesn't burn them.

Right Drich?
WelcomeLemonVariable.... around you, I may avoid spaces and use capitals for every word Tongue
Welcome.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(August 28, 2013 at 7:58 am)Texas Sailor Wrote:
(August 28, 2013 at 1:31 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: "If god makes us who we are, then why does he make gay people and then burn them in hell for being gay?"

Welcome

Let me just warn you about some resolutions to your issue that Christians may offer you. Each is just as ridiculous as the next...

Because Gay is a choice, and we have free will. If someone chooses to be Gay against God's will, then they deserve to be eternally scorched, why does this not sit well with you?

He doesn't actually burn them, God actually likes Gay people. All anybody has to do is A/S/K and Jesus will save them with his super powers. Gay or not. If they don't do this, then God does rapes to their soul for eternity. He doesn't burn them.

Right Drich?

I have encountered enough of it to make those arguements utterly hilarious in my mind. If god is so free willy then why does he allow sex slavery

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1761 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hello athesist planet. Just lost my faith. Now What? Suz 28 2411 May 23, 2020 at 2:55 am
Last Post: JohnMBauer
  I thought id come back and say dyresand 7 1190 December 26, 2018 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5557 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
  Hello, just joined Blue_Violet 21 2531 April 19, 2018 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Say hello to Allie Jackalope 17 2868 December 20, 2017 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Hello everybody! just came out as an atheist. JeffY 14 2603 April 24, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello! Just need to commune with some fellow atheists in a religious world. Rosie_Rivets 11 1940 November 11, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  Hello There! Just One More Irreligious Brat who Fell Out of Their Religion MrNoTheism 11 1629 October 31, 2016 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Hello, just reading a book Ronga 16 2768 November 19, 2013 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Ben Davis