Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As if we didn't know Glenn Beck was insane...
As if we didn't know Glenn Beck was insane...
But he's threatened to fire anyone using eco-friendly light bulbs in his office.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/don...52793.html

Quote: "I'm dead serious," Beck said on his radio program, as his employees titter nervously. "I fire the person that starts to purchase fluorescent light bulbs, unless that is the only light bulb for a very specific reason, and I want to be cc'd on what that reason is." How about to light a dark room? Is that reason enough?

But Beck’s vendetta against eco-friendly office supplies doesn’t end there. He told one worker not to purchase any more recyclable spoons, either.

“If anyone does anything in this company because of global warming, they’re fired,” he said. He’s OK with saving trees, though. Except for writing all those memos.

So even if global warming wasn't a very real thing, what's the harm in protecting the environment anyway?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: As if we didn't know Glenn Beck was insane...
Glen Beck is an entertainer who says shit just to rile people up. Try having a 3 hour radio show 5 days a week without saying something ridiculous every once in a while.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(August 28, 2013 at 3:02 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Glen Beck is an entertainer who says shit just to rile people up. Try having a 3 hour radio show 5 days a week without saying something ridiculous every once in a while.

Ridiculous is his M.O. Why not? It sells advertising, which is commercial radio's raison d'être. Radio is full of proofs for Poe's Law, IMO.
(August 28, 2013 at 3:02 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Glen Beck is an entertainer who says shit just to rile people up. Try having a 3 hour radio show 5 days a week without saying something ridiculous every once in a while.

Sure, but what's his excuse for having a three hour raido show five times a week without saying something that isn't ridiculous?

And if he's an entertainer, why do people take him seriously?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 28, 2013 at 3:20 pm)Faith No More Wrote:

Sure, but what's his excuse for having a three hour raido show five times a week without saying something that isn't ridiculous?

I don't know why people take him seriously. Just as many liberals take him seriously as conservatives. I think it's pretty easy to tell he's putting on a schtick.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(August 28, 2013 at 3:20 pm)Faith No More Wrote:

The same reason they take people like Rush Limbaugh seriously? Because he panders to their biases.
(August 28, 2013 at 3:24 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(August 28, 2013 at 3:20 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Sure, but what's his excuse for having a three hour raido show five times a week without saying something that isn't ridiculous?

I don't know why people take him seriously. Just as many liberals take him seriously as conservatives. I think it's pretty easy to tell he's putting on a schtick.

Well, it appears obvious, if one thinks to look. Big Grin

Radio makes money by selling advertising. The most advertising dollars go to the programs with the most listeners. Radio stations want loyal listeners who are going to tune in and listen to every single word. Conservative talk radio gets listeners who agree with what they're saying by saying exactly what they wish to hear, and pick up a metric fuckload of non-conservative listeners who tune in for the outrage factor.

Nobody ever made lots of money in radio by being reasonable.
(August 28, 2013 at 3:24 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I think it's pretty easy to tell he's putting on a schtick.

How so? Because it's crazy shit?

If it's schtick, why not act that way as, say, Stephen Colbert does?

It's his intent that matters, and as far as I can tell, his delivery shows that he intends people to take him seriously. So, even if it's schtick, he's not selling it as that, and that would make him worse than if he was a true believer.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 28, 2013 at 3:32 pm)Faith No More Wrote: So, even if it's schtick, he's not selling it as that, and that would make him worse than if he was a true believer.

You're right. It makes him a whore.
Crazy is his M.O. And to understand why all you have to do is look at his fan base.

Way too many nuts in this country.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No You Didn't, Fuckhead Minimalist 15 1631 August 28, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Just heard this bat shit insane idea... Brian37 13 1532 July 20, 2018 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  We Didn't Need A Study To Tell Us This Minimalist 22 1770 April 4, 2018 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Tell Us Something We Didn't Know Minimalist 0 749 June 12, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is North Korea just insane? Renug 6 1423 May 29, 2017 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  He Is Certifiably Insane! Minimalist 8 2041 May 18, 2017 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Because I Didn't Want To Trash Pool's Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 4 720 February 14, 2017 at 3:49 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  The Whiny Little Bitch Didn't Even Make the top of the news out here today Minimalist 11 1901 January 21, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  No, Glenn. She's Just Fucking Nuts Minimalist 8 1339 December 6, 2016 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Apparently Selling Crazy to the Already Insane is Easy Minimalist 12 2194 October 23, 2016 at 7:56 am
Last Post: A Theist