Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satan Disproves Christianity
Satan Disproves Christianity
It seems to me the whole premise of a very powerful Satan who can delude you into believing a lie and you won't know it undermines the entire religious enterprise.

The thing about being deceived by Satan is,
you don't know your deceived!

How does a fundamentalist Christian know that aren't deceived and should be Jews or Muslims, or Hindu's or whatever?

I've been thinking about blogging on this point.

It seems that Christian demonology undermines Christianity because even if they say the evidence looks good to them they can't disprove that Satan is just deceiving them.

Just as no one could really prove that Satan is not deceiving them when apologists make the claim that they are, Christians cannot disprove that they are deceived.

The witness in their spirit just might be the devil.

So since by their religious claims there is an equal chance that their religious claims are crap their religious claims are crap!
RE: Satan Disproves Christianity
The problem with christianity, islam, or any other theistic religion is the lack of evidence for their deities. The same goes for the deity enemy. Their god and their satan are both myths born from the ignorance of the times they were invented, and as our knowledge evolves, the more tiny their gods become.

I have contemplated what you said, I'd wager that satan could've been more moral than god, e.g. the adam and eve story, but that is pointless, its trying to build a reasonable explanation from a pile of bullshit. I could just as easily propose that god, a trikster gos will bring some atheists to heaven, because they did good on their own volition, than christians that did good only by fear of a deity. But that would be just making stories, evidence is what tells the difference between bullshit and reality.

EDIT: Nvm, you already been told about promoting links Tongue
(August 29, 2013 at 6:02 am)findingdoubt Wrote: It seems to me the whole premise of a very powerful Satan who can delude you into believing a lie and you won't know it undermines the entire religious enterprise.
Only if your understanding of Christianity is based on a legalistic understanding of the texts. In That one is required to walk a very thin line of righteousness. That is the only place being deceived and following that deception undermindes any version of Christianity.

Quote:The thing about being deceived by Satan is,
Not true. God's law has been established.

Quote:How does a fundamentalist Christian know that aren't deceived and should be Jews or Muslims, or Hindu's or whatever?
without the active comfirmation of god in your life, you don't just by looking on the surface.

Quote:I've been thinking about blogging on this point.

It seems that Christian demonology undermines Christianity because even if they say the evidence looks good to them they can't disprove that Satan is just deceiving them.
If 'satan's deception' brings them closer to God then how is his deception in his benfit?

Quote:Just as no one could really prove that Satan is not deceiving them when apologists make the claim that they are, Christians cannot disprove that they are deceived.
Again there is the matter of God's expressed will.

Quote:The witness in their spirit just might be the devil.
The Pharisees that Christ condemned as blasphemeing the Holy Spirit said something similar.

Quote:So since by their religious claims there is an equal chance that their religious claims are crap their religious claims are crap!
Again only if one is blind and deaf to the interaction between God and those who follow him.

The way I see it the only way your claim works is if 'the other religions' you mention also warn against satan as being a deceiver as well. For if one of them is correct then wouldn't stand to reason the god of that religion would also warn of satan?
(August 29, 2013 at 9:27 am)Drich Wrote:
(August 29, 2013 at 6:02 am)findingdoubt Wrote: It seems to me the whole premise of a very powerful Satan who can delude you into believing a lie and you won't know it undermines the entire religious enterprise.
Only if your understanding of Christianity is based on a legalistic understanding of the texts. In That one is required to walk a very thin line of righteousness. That is the only place being deceived and following that deception undermindes any version of Christianity.
This is rather funny. People who interprets the bible differently are deceived by Satan, but your version cannot be a deception. This is one step beyond the whole "other religions are fake, but mine is real" crazy.

Quote:
Quote:The thing about being deceived by Satan is,
Not true. God's law has been established.
You mean the bible that requires interpretation? Including the interpretation that you think is a deception (see above)?

Quote:
Quote:How does a fundamentalist Christian know that aren't deceived and should be Jews or Muslims, or Hindu's or whatever?
without the active comfirmation of god in your life, you don't just by looking on the surface.
Oh I assure you they have plenty of NDEs and active confirmation in their life to stay with their religion. Muslims are different though, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but none of my muslim friends have ever told me that allah said something to them. They quote the Qur'an. I believe this is because they've been told mohammed is the last prophet and they don't expect to hear things from allah. This is speculation on my part, and I'm very interested if anyone knows any muslims that claim allah said things to them?

Quote:
Quote:I've been thinking about blogging on this point.

If 'satan's deception' brings them closer to God then how is his deception in his benfit?
They're not going to the right god. Maybe the right god is allah. And his version of the devil is deceiving you into believing in the Christian god.

Quote:
Quote:Just as no one could really prove that Satan is not deceiving them when apologists make the claim that they are, Christians cannot disprove that they are deceived.
Again there is the matter of God's expressed will.
The one Satan led you to believe is the true god? Whose will is subject to human interpretation and has many many denominations all with different interpretations? I'm starting to see why you're so confident in your interpretation.

Quote:
Quote:The witness in their spirit just might be the devil.
The Pharisees that Christ condemned as blasphemeing the Holy Spirit said something similar.
How does this ... ? What is this random point? I thought you said blasphemy to the Holy Spirit means not believing in god till death. You said it so many times I'm sure I can quote you if you want it.

Quote:
Quote:So since by their religious claims there is an equal chance that their religious claims are crap their religious claims are crap!
Again only if one is blind and deaf to the interaction between God and those who follow him.

The way I see it the only way your claim works is if 'the other religions' you mention also warn against satan as being a deceiver as well. For if one of them is correct then wouldn't stand to reason the god of that religion would also warn of satan?
Muslims are warned of Syaitan. Same thing as Satan. What do you think about that?
Drippy, you're being a dork again. Stop.
What undermines the whole (monotheistic) religious enterprise is the irrational usage of myth to justify the suppression of humanity. The god notion itself actually does the suppression...the devil came about to explain those peoples who refused god's yoke.

Go Team Satan! :p
(August 29, 2013 at 7:08 am)LastPoet Wrote: The problem with christianity, islam, or any other theistic religion is the lack of evidence for their deities. The same goes for the deity enemy. Their god and their satan are both myths born from the ignorance of the times they were invented, and as our knowledge evolves, the more tiny their gods become.

I have contemplated what you said, I'd wager that satan could've been more moral than god, e.g. the adam and eve story, but that is pointless, its trying to build a reasonable explanation from a pile of bullshit. I could just as easily propose that god, a trikster gos will bring some atheists to heaven, because they did good on their own volition, than christians that did good only by fear of a deity. But that would be just making stories, evidence is what tells the difference between bullshit and reality.

EDIT: Nvm, you already been told about promoting links Tongue

I Like That: "as our knowledge evolves, the more tiny their gods become."

(August 29, 2013 at 5:20 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: What undermines the whole (monotheistic) religious enterprise is the irrational usage of myth to justify the suppression of humanity. The god notion itself actually does the suppression...the devil came about to explain those peoples who refused god's yoke.

Go Team Satan! :p

and to provide an explanation for theodicy probably.

I've also read that Jews picked up the Satan idea during the inter-testimental period from Zoroastrianism.
Satan disproves Christianity by not being the devil in the Old Testament [the foundation from which Christianity is born and relies upon to be valid] but rather being an agent of Yahweh who is meant to test mortals on their faith in Yahweh.

He didn't become a rebellious demon thing until Christianity, when they realized they needed a new threat to get people to flock to their cult when it was becoming rapidly very obvious that the polytheistic Romans weren't being stricken down with horrible plagues and shit by the supposedly omnipotent Yahweh despite their endless blasphemies against Yahweh.

Look to the foundations when you wish to demolish something, for when they are weak or destroyed, the entire structure comes crumbling down.

The thing about being deceived by Satan is,

How does a fundamentalist Christian know that aren't deceived and should be Jews or Muslims, or Hindu's or whatever?

I've been thinking about blogging on this point.

Just as no one could really prove that Satan is not deceiving them when apologists make the claim that they are, Christians cannot disprove that they are deceived.

The witness in their spirit just might be the devil.

So since by their religious claims there is an equal chance that their religious claims are crap their religious claims are crap!

Matthew 24:24 "For false christs and false prophets will arise and preform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect."

Matthew 12:22-32 these verses are about blasphemy of the Holy Spirit but, within these verses is the lesson of a house divide and the teaching is a house divided will not stand... well it's been here for 2000 years and going strong.

Smile GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(August 30, 2013 at 3:50 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Satan disproves Christianity by not being the devil in the Old Testament [the foundation from which Christianity is born and relies upon to be valid] but rather being an agent of Yahweh who is meant to test mortals on their faith in Yahweh.

He didn't become a rebellious demon thing until Christianity, when they realized they needed a new threat to get people to flock to their cult when it was becoming rapidly very obvious that the polytheistic Romans weren't being stricken down with horrible plagues and shit by the supposedly omnipotent Yahweh despite their endless blasphemies against Yahweh.

Look to the foundations when you wish to demolish something, for when they are weak or destroyed, the entire structure comes crumbling down.

Preach it! haha.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Helping Satan LinuxGal 10 1589 April 1, 2023 at 5:51 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7867 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Satan's Spy System = SSS Ferrocyanide 5 867 January 13, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Christian author has recording of satan's voice Foxaèr 16 1360 August 2, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1769 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Satan, anti-christ, false prophet vorlon13 43 8105 November 14, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Dear Satan dyresand 9 2474 April 30, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Satan and errors in the Bible Nihilist Virus 41 8380 March 7, 2016 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6785 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What's the future of Catholic Church and Satan? satan_buttercup 179 29018 August 27, 2015 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Whateverist