Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ever popular newb intro
The ever popular newb intro
Hey people. I guess I'm supposed to tell a little about myself. Well it all started when I was 3 and my mother...ok let's skip a little farther ahead. Umm...I grew up attending a Southern Baptist church in Mississippi until I was in high school. At that point I joined a rock band and that pretty much shot the whole church thing to hell. That's also around the same time I started listening to Tool, which could've had something to do with my growing disinterest in religion Big Grin . After that I graduated from college, got married and got back into church for a couple of years. I still didn't really have much interest in it but felt like that was the thing to do once you grew up, got married and had kids. Four Easters ago I finally said fuck it, this is ridiculous and that's the last time I attended a church service. Fast forward to about a year ago...I started watching YouTube videos and eventually reading a few books by Christopher Hitchens, Penn Jillette & Richard Dawkins and I'll be damned...some of that shit started making sense. Reading The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking also helped. At this point I'm still "in the closet" to everyone except my wife. I'm sure my family and close friends know but it's just one of those things we don't talk about. I guess I'd still consider myself agnostic because I haven't completely ruled out a "creator" but only a kind of mad scientist in the lab. And that's just one slight possibility. Anyway, I found this site a few days ago and started reading some posts. I feel I can relate to a lot of you folks and enjoy the atmosphere. Wow I didn't realize I had that much to say. The bourbon probably has something to do with that though. Cheers!
RE: The ever popular newb intro
Cheers! Have fun on this planet.
Life is better when you are a bit off.
Yo, dog. Whaz happening?
Funny how fans of Tool are rarely one's themselves.

Welcome!
high....Bong

and.....Welcome
Heyo and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

He had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say we'll miss him. I'll miss him. We're gonna miss him. We're gonna miss him.

So long! We'll wish you well!
Your avatar looks like a pic of Bill Hicks. Do I have that right? Welcome from another n00b. Smile
Welcome
Hello there Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro DocIllinois 14 1199 August 6, 2021 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belated intro Dom 20 1732 September 29, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Intro Reltzik 21 997 September 26, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Intro Bow Before Zeus 15 1880 November 14, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  intro JamieBra 28 5153 September 23, 2017 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  MY INTRO rjh4 is back 7 1313 August 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Intro Court Jester 25 4988 June 24, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: KerimF
Bug I guess I should intro Monkeybuttorama 21 3867 May 26, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  intro Otisknows 17 2429 February 6, 2017 at 12:02 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Slightly Generic and Dramatic Intro Thread Redoubtable 16 3350 February 5, 2017 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Otisknows