Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freudian Slips
Freudian Slips
Post in this thread what I would call slips of the tongue. It could be something You normally say with an added underlying message... it could also be something private You accidentally unchained. They can be someone else's slip or they could be your own. The reason I started this thread is because I was recently speaking to my landlord about morning routine and being absent and such... and She asked me if I am frequently busy or gone in the morning. I said, realizing oh too late, "not unless I am eager to do SOMETHING" with emphasis on 'something'.

Facepalm
RE: Freudian Slips
Some years ago, back when I was in the Department, I was chatting with a fellow Admin Assistant as was our wont when we were supposed to be working. We got onto the subject of families and she remarked on the size of my clan, saying that we breed like rabbits. Then she asked how Sam was, to which I replied without thinking, "Like a rabbit".
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Freudian Slips
I'm sure I made some slips of the tongue, but I don't remember an instance where there was an underlying message behind it (not that I'm aware of, at least).

And, I am NOT lying when I say that there was no underlying message behind it.