Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Venting...
Just Venting...
People asking for prayers for help with a Job interview... For fuck sake...

As Tim Minchin said. If there is a God it seems unlikely that he will take time out of his busy schedule of systematically murdering African children... To then artificially give someone a boost to give them a job they are not qualified for... Hardly just and fair...

And then...

And then... If they do get the job they say the prayer did it for them... What absolute bollocks... You got the job because you're good... Not because some imaginary beardy tosser helped you out.

Believe in yourself... Please... Don't be a slave.

Argh!
RE: Just Venting...
You appear to have anti-empathetic tendencies, so I'm going to have to administer a Voight-Kampff test.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
My mother... I'll tell you about my mother ...
I see you're more of a Blade Runner fan than Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
In my opinion one of the few times a movie is better than the book... High Fidelity is another one!
I think comparing the two is comparing apples and oranges. At best one could say Blade Runner was inspired by the book, not based upon it. They took the main character and the premise and went in a different direction.

But I digress, as this was not the topic of your OP.
(If you wish to continue with this derail, feel free to do so.Smile)
Indeed. Organics vs Androids. So very different. Read the book after watching the movie too.

Back on topic though... Just seeing way too much of it. And... And it doesn't work both ways which is strange. If the prayer fails its not that god either a) doesn't exist or b) thinks your an arsehole... I don't get it.
[Image: Star-Wars-Emperor.jpg]

Good, good, let the hate flow though you!
The other important thing to note is that, if god actually granted these prayers and gave the job to the prayee, what has also happened is that he's taken that job away from the person who would have gotten it sans divine intervention; really, those prayers are malicious ones, just phrased to accentuate the positive.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Its not hate... I just think its silly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2119 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Short venting of a frustration Joods 20 2886 December 2, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Joods