Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New chap
New chap
Hello to all here! I thought I would sign up after stumbling on this place and reading some interesting posts, so I did. I am more often than not an atheist with occasional leanings towards pantheism. Currently reading "The Kybalion", the alleged wisdom of the Hermetic savants. I am a fan of Stefan Molyneaux the anarchist/philosopher, and also of Thomas Sheridan who explains the phenomenon of psychopathy and it's effects on society.
Cheers!
RE: New chap
Welcome along..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Welcome.
Welcome new chap!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Hello, there.
Hi there.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
An atheist with pantheist leanings? How intriguing!

Welcome - come in out of the dry and wet yourself by this tap!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome, old chap!
Welcome ol'chap, care for some tea and some Cookie Cookie Cookie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New New New Quid 23 4720 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman