Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A mistake I made
A mistake I made
All:

I would like to share something with you. As many of you may or may not know, I suffer from anxiety and depression. I have been on anti-depressants for about 6 years now. I have never liked the idea that I may be on anti-depressants the rest of my life, and have been tapering down my medication. I heard from several sources that Medical Marijuana has been shown to help cases of depression and/or anxiety. So, since I live in California, I was able to get a prescription of MMJ (medical marijuana). Despite being against my better judgment, I decided to share with my wife my MMJ. We both had 2 little cakes that had MMJ in them. About 3 hours later, my wife woke me and was in complete hysteria and vomiting. Apparently, I think she was having a bad trip. She had to go in an ambulance and left me home alone with our daughter. Yes, we have a 6 month old daughter. We decided to try the MMJ after she was sleeping.

So, because I was still feeling high as a kite, and feeling anxiety coming on, I decided to do what I thought was responsible. At midnight, I called my mother-in-law. I was worried about my daughter and my capacity to care for her. At 6 months old, she still cries quite a bit. Mother-in-law came to my home and I was faced with a dilemma. Should I tell her the truth or should I lie? I decided to tell her the truth about our experience and what we did.

Looking back now, I am not sure if this was responsible, but I get so tired of taking anti-depressants. Sometimes, I feel as if I am a zombie and want to feel again. Anyhow, I hope this serves as a lesson of irresponsibility and regret. Just in case, I am 37 years old for the inquiring minds.

--SG
RE: A mistake I made
A white lie in this case probably would have done some good. As long as you personally knew where you fucked up, it's not like there would have been some divine entity judging you for not revealing the entire truth of what happened. I fucking hate how society makes us think we need to feel guilt for certain actions.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
I mean if you feel that you can't be high and responsible when you're taking care of a baby, then maybe talk to your doc about other options? Or just don't use marijuana while your wife is also using it.

Also I second BWS's sentiments, you made a mistake, it's ok. It's just a lapse in judgment, happens to everyone, as long as you try your best to be responsible that's all that counts.
You're fine. I suggest your wife lay off the weed, but I reckon she may already have that figured out.

That must be some potent shizzle.
Firstly, be careful with edibles, as I'm sure you now know.

Secondly, be very careful when trying to treat depression with marinjuana. It can bring short-term relief but can be detrimental in the long run.

Thirdly, I do see it as irresponsible to have the only caretakers of a six year-old get high. Something could go wrong, like the child stops breathing, and the only people able to do anything about it would be stoned. Always ensure the child has sober care before getting intoxicated.

Fourthly, it was the responsible thing to do to call your mother-in-law, but prepare for the shitstorm that will ensue.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 9, 2013 at 3:16 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: A white lie in this case probably would have done some good. As long as you personally knew where you fucked up, it's not like there would have been some divine entity judging you for not revealing the entire truth of what happened. I fucking hate how society makes us think we need to feel guilt for certain actions.

With hindsight, I would have not said a thing. I was so stoned at the moment, I just decided to say it. Now, I must wait and see if my mother-in-law will think anything less of me. My anxiety about my daughter and her care is what ruled the situation.

Needless to say, I feel like a complete ass and I admit that there was disregard for my daughter.
You ate edibles without testing their potency first (small bite)?

At night?

With someone who probably doesn't have sky high tolerance?

Where to begin on this list of wrong...

Before you do any drugs, I suggest you learn how to deal with a bad trip in yourself and others and reserve experimentation for the day.

Easier to fight off panic attacks in daylight.

Also, NEVER introduce a light smoker or non smoker to anything other than smoke or vapor and very little of it at that.

One has to learn to handle light amounts first.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

While the lack of feeling on anti-depresants is a fairly common side effect, it isn't a necessary part of anti-depressant treatment. Different people react differently to the same drugs, and you may react differently to drugs even if they are in the same class. If you are dissatisfied with the effects of your medication, consider changing it under the care of a physician. For now, given that you have a young one to care for, the stability you enjoy from your current medication may be more important than experimenting with alternative treatments, whether marijuana or a different anti-depressant. I appreciate that everybody deserves a do over, but beyond the negligence involved in the actual events, risking compromising your stability and health while you have such a young child depending on you to be stable is rather reckless. What if your alternative remedy doesn't work, and while you're busy with depressive episodes, your wife gets sick, or dies? Where is your child then?

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1723 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Dumbest mistake you ever made in your life NuclearEnergy 51 11921 May 31, 2017 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Made a decision and other news Joods 9 1584 November 30, 2016 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Made my peace with the trolls and timewasters Edwardo Piet 12 1795 October 17, 2015 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Yeah, I made this! Aroura 5 1123 September 18, 2015 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The last thing that made you laugh. Iroscato 10 2422 April 28, 2015 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: c172
  made it... Joods 7 1178 April 25, 2015 at 10:26 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Which Bible Character are you? New and Improved Testing!!(I made the quiz :D ) Losty 55 10869 May 16, 2014 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Carl Sagan, A Universe Not Made For Us Napoléon 8 2698 February 4, 2014 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  [split] I like to necropost :) (was Feminist reports rape threat made by self) Mothonis 6 3725 December 31, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Violet