Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing in particular
Nothing in particular
Hi I am a new member so happy to join this forum.

The reason why I'm joining is so I can have discussions on a topic I am very passionate about.

I am married to my beautiful wife of 3 years. We have been together for 8 years, i duly proposed and she wanted a wedding 2 years ago as she is firm believer in 'something' (I managed to convince her Christianity was a con in my eyes and explianed my reasoning). However we got married which was very uncomfortable for me as I have never believed in any god so we came to an agreement that if we had a child it would never be christened. We now have little boy and she has stuck by her promise.

I am a pretty deep thinking person which translates to how I think no reasonable thinking person could ever believe in a god.

George carlin, Christopher hitchens, the atheist experience, are some of the many takes I love about been an atheist. I respect Richard Dawkins however I sometimes don't think think he comes across that well. I will throw in lawrence Krause as well with that.

I am not a scientist or anyone that thinks he knows better than anyone else I just seem to see things in a common sense perspective.

I do struggle to conversed with people/family/friends that dont have by view/belief which is why I'm very happy to come on here and talk about thinks that are so close to home for me. I have many views and theories ( please not too scientific) which I can't wait to discuss with members

Cheers

Stu.
RE: Nothing in particular
Welcome to the forum, Stu.
Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome
Welcome Stu,

Funnily enough my wife and I did the reverse of you. Wedding in a registry office but my daughter was Christened.

She's now 11 and looks to be heading towards atheism on her own.
Hi

Thanks for the replies. I have posted a few comments already today on various things, nothing major, I think I will get a feel for things before I start making my feelings known more

Stu
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome to the nice corner of the forum!
How did you manage to marry a 3 year old?

They say that passion is the first to go. Or was that memory.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Welcome Stu Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nothing supernatural about the western suburbs of Melbourne worldslaziestbusker 42 10544 December 2, 2012 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance