Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm back, everyone!
I'm back, everyone!
Hello, everyone! It's been some time since I've been on here. I got busy as hell during the summer, and did a lot of reading. I'm definitely much more educated than I was at the time of my joining.

For those who hadn't read beforehand, I'm currently an agnostic working at a local Baptist church, doing media and graphic design work. Decided to keep the job after my conversation because them tithes pay pretty well. I used to be a hardcore atheist, but now I'm more of an agnostic, after exploring Aristotelian philosophy.

Just thought I'd say hello again, and looking forward to having heated debate with each of you!
"The consolations of philosophy and the beauties of science; these things are infinitely more awe-inspiring and regenerating and majestic than any invocation of the burning bush or doctrine." - Christopher Hitchens
RE: I'm back, everyone!
Hi there, welcome back!

Interesting line of work. I met someone who introduced himself as a pastor a while back, I was so unprepared for it (he's around my age, early 20s) I didn't manage to get any words out. Luckily there were others at the gathering and it wasn't awkward.

Do you ever plan to leave the church?
Welcome back. Your choice of employment disturbs me, but this thread is certainly not the place to discuss why. I hope we hear lots of good nuggets of info from you.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(September 10, 2013 at 5:45 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Do you ever plan to leave the church?

I do! I graduate college this semester, and once my internship runs its course at graduation, I plan to leave for good. Their funding towards my alcohol and credit card payments is too much appreciated to leave until I have to.
"The consolations of philosophy and the beauties of science; these things are infinitely more awe-inspiring and regenerating and majestic than any invocation of the burning bush or doctrine." - Christopher Hitchens
Quote:Their funding towards my alcohol and credit card payments is too much appreciated to leave until I have to.

One must appreciate the irony in that.

Big Grin
(September 10, 2013 at 6:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: One must appreciate the irony in that.

Big Grin

Irony is probably my favorite piece of humor. I love it, even when it's wrong to laugh.
Welcome back!
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Welcome

Quote:Decided to keep the job after my conversation because them tithes pay pretty well.

wow, and they say I'm a W.H.O.R.E.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5