Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusing feelings.
Confusing feelings.
I live deep in the bible belt Louisiana, as some might know I have been a christian for 15 years of my life (counting when I actively sought it.) What comes with religion is that you have to suppress emotions and feelings, because they might be considered "sinful".
So I will come out and say it, though it is not easy but the anonymity helps. I knew I had bisexual tendencies since I hit puberty even having some bi-curious relations in the teenage experimental stage. However, being a year since my deconversion these feelings I buried deep are surfacing. Due to the lack of coping and coming to terms they are now more confusing and to be honest I really have no idea how to deal with them or the correct questions to ask. Perhaps here I can find a path or clarity.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
RE: Confusing feelings.
The only way to find out is to experiment.

From what I have learned, most bisexuals tend to lean toward one gender purely for sex while toward the other gender mainly for love and romance.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Man, being honest with yourself is a huge step forward. I doubt I have much insight for you, but hey!...i'm happy for you.

Also, I'm dead butch and my wife is a homicidal nutjob. Just throwing that out there. Smile
(September 11, 2013 at 9:51 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: The only way to find out is to experiment.

From what I have learned, most bisexuals tend to lean toward one gender purely for sex while toward the other gender mainly for love and romance.

I have honestly thought of that, I do know that I lean towards the female sex for that. A major factor that has come to my attention is that I am found myself also attracted to the transgender females. I know they are women and me personally just as attracted to them as females. However, discerning just simple sexual attraction from possible emotional too it rather annoying.

(September 11, 2013 at 9:36 pm)bladevalant546 Wrote: I live deep in the bible belt Louisiana, as some might know I have been a christian for 15 years of my life (counting when I actively sought it.) What comes with religion is that you have to suppress emotions and feelings, because they might be considered "sinful".
So I will come out and say it, though it is not easy but the anonymity helps. I knew I had bisexual tendencies since I hit puberty even having some bi-curious relations in the teenage experimental stage. However, being a year since my deconversion these feelings I buried deep are surfacing. Due to the lack of coping and coming to terms they are now more confusing and to be honest I really have no idea how to deal with them or the correct questions to ask. Perhaps here I can find a path or clarity.

It's possible to "explore" these feelings without actually engaging in anything physical, which would help you understand if these are more than tendencies. I believe that if we ignore these types of feelings, we end up repressing part of ourselves, and that can lead to problems further down the road.

I think the main thing to keep in mind is to remember that those feelings are nothing to be ashamed of, and there is nothing wrong with trying to understand what they really mean.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Thanks, that is what I having to come to terms with. I honestly thought religious repression was a myth, I feel it now. All the emotional issues are just flooding because you have to deal with them and not rely on some being that does not seem to want to help directly when according to said religion he "cares". I am coming to terms with it, I have talked to my girlfriend and she been really supportive I do love her. It just to be honest not used to dealing with my problems you know? Where to even begin...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low self esteem, feelings of worthlessness, and lack of purpose Catholic_Lady 63 8680 August 2, 2017 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Songs and Feelings Astrogod07 10 2313 May 11, 2015 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus