Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Daily Show Oddity
A Daily Show Oddity
The straight set up is funnier than the parody!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-se...pita-place
RE: A Daily Show Oddity
Michele Bachmann's opening line killed me when I saw this.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I'm honestly surprised they didn't mention Jesus as the reason the United States is so strong. You know they wanted to.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Laugh or cry. Remember, Min, these are elected officials representing our country. The GOP has a record of being stupid but the latest round of Tea Baggers is so staggeringly stupid it defies parody. I mean, there are grade school children that ought to know better than some of the stuff that comes out of these idiot's mouths.

We need a law that places the following requirement to run for political office:
1. You pass a civics 101 test.
2. You pass an American history 101 test.
3. You pass an international politics 101 test.

Basic goddamn knowledge on the subjects you're expected to govern on. Is that too much to ask?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
You've got some winners there in Kentucky too, D-P!
(September 13, 2013 at 11:50 am)Minimalist Wrote: You've got some winners there in Kentucky too, D-P!

Oh yeah, you're one to talk, Mr. I'm-from-Error-zona! Wink
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Government of the shitheads, by the shitheads and for the shitheads!

That would probably be a great state motto if someone could figure out how to say it in Latin.
I'm at a loss for words to describe how embarrassed I am that these people are trying to represent me to the rest of the world.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 13, 2013 at 12:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Government of the shitheads, by the shitheads and for the shitheads!

That would probably be a great state motto if someone could figure out how to say it in Latin.

Say it in Spanish. That'll piss off all the right people.
Tea Baggers wouldn't know the difference.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World Nut Daily failing The Valkyrie 13 1090 April 3, 2019 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  A President Show Documentary: The Fall of Donald Trump Fake Messiah 0 324 October 18, 2018 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Netflix Show-- Maniac bennyboy 2 255 September 24, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your daily dragon... Gawdzilla Sama 30 1422 August 29, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Joss Whedon's new show Foxaèr 13 1239 July 16, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Favorite old Cartoon Network show? ƵenKlassen 1 411 November 29, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Alexmahone
  Favorite old Nickelodeon show? ƵenKlassen 22 1841 November 25, 2017 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Pull the spindle out of his butt, shove it in his mouth, and cancel his TV show ! vorlon13 7 843 April 5, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Watched a great show & NDE Foxaèr 2 588 January 28, 2017 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  HBO's Biggest Sunday Night Show returns 2/12 SteelCurtain 2 810 January 18, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain