Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Member of parlament found to enjoy BDSM, but no aftermath.
Member of parlament found to enjoy BDSM, but no aftermath.
A state parlament candidate for the liberterian party was recently found to be a member of a online BDSM community together with his wife. The biggest tabloid in the country printed a story on it, with the details on what could be read on his profile.

[Image: 2,w=256,c=0.bild.jpg]

[Image: 2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg]

When he was confronted with this he simply replied that this is private buisness and that he would delete the account.
To my suprise most of the reactions from the public were not such of condemnation but of aproval of the mans possition and his right to privacy.
I agree that he has a right to privacy concerning his sexuality and am happy to live in a society in which cheap shot at his image through those revelations by tabloids are disregarded and seen through as rubbish by the majority of the population.

I bet something like this would have ruined an Amercian or UK representatives political career.
RE: Member of parlament found to enjoy BDSM, but no aftermath.
I'd like to meet his wife.

[Image: Nazi-High-Fashion-Dominatrix.jpg]
Once someone claimed to me that libertarians tend towards BDSM. I'm not sure that that is backed up by anything but I could totally see it. Working your way through Atlas Shrugged is a Masochistic act.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(September 13, 2013 at 9:59 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Once someone claimed to me that libertarians tend towards BDSM. I'm not sure that that is backed up by anything but I could totally see it. Working your way through Atlas Shrugged is a Masochistic act.

My guess always was that it is more of a psychological thing that has to do with a persons expirences. As someone who has this kind of fetish aswell, I know that I had a bit of a tought childhood and others who like the same aswell.
I wonder if he's a sub or a dom.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.

I was going to say something snarky, but something occurred to me. It's a bit odd for someone who is passionate about non-coercion and maximal liberty getting off on a sex form in which one partner assumes the role of sexual coercer and the other voluntarily submits to the deprivation of liberty. I know that as a paraphilia this analysis is more word play than anything, but I still find it amusing.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 14, 2013 at 2:37 am)apophenia Wrote:

I was going to say something snarky, but something occurred to me. It's a bit odd for someone who is passionate about non-coercion and maximal liberty getting off on a sex form in which one partner assumes the role of sexual coercer and the other voluntarily submits to the deprivation of liberty. I know that as a paraphilia this analysis is more word play than anything, but I still find it amusing.

Funny but to me it seems more like seeking balance in your life. Often-times the majority of a Dominatrix' clients are powerful men with control over many who come to be dominated, or to pretend to be babies or whatever.

I think there is more to it that mere word-play. Human psychology is a weird and complex thing.
(September 13, 2013 at 7:03 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I bet something like this would have ruined an Amercian or UK representatives political career.

Planted firmly in a pile of manure, American politicians are still expected to smell of roses. It's unrealistic and a sick consequence of our Puritanical heritage. In the end, we seem to admire not those who are honest about their indiscretions, but those who can convincingly fool others that they never happened.

The problem then is when any skeletons in the closet become exposed, regardless of size or number, then suddenly that politician is a hypocrite, a liar. It's a vicious, damaging circle.

So yeah...this kind of publicity would likely ruin a candidate here.
(September 13, 2013 at 7:03 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I bet something like this would have ruined an Amercian or UK representatives political career.

It has. In 2004, my state's Republican candidate for the Senate had to withdraw from the race after it turned out he wanted to convince his wife to go to a BDSM club and start swinging. These plans didn't pan out, but I think Jack Ryan may be the only politician in history to have his career ruined by a sex scandal involving only him and his wife, in which no sex occurred.

The Republican Party proceeded to nominate Alan Keyes for the spot, and he lost to Barack Obama.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(September 14, 2013 at 10:27 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote:

Planted firmly in a pile of manure, American politicians are still expected to smell of roses. It's unrealistic and a sick consequence of our Puritanical heritage. In the end, we seem to admire not those who are honest about their indiscretions, but those who can convincingly fool others that they never happened.

The problem then is when any skeletons in the closet become exposed, regardless of size or number, then suddenly that politician is a hypocrite, a liar. It's a vicious, damaging circle.

So yeah...this kind of publicity would likely ruin a candidate here.

In fact we know for certain that it will. People tend to forget that Barack Obama had a very helpful kick into the Senate on the back of his opponent's sex scandal where he took his wife to a sex club in New York. His fucking wife. This was a man who gave up a high paying broker job to teach children in the inner city, but he was brought down because a journalist unsealed divorce records. It's pitiful the unrealistic moral standard we hold our politicians to.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think I have found my favorite. Brian37 31 2879 March 2, 2019 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Wolf Blitzer - Look What He Found in the Archives! Minimalist 22 1866 August 12, 2016 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How to deal with discussing hot button issues with a family member GoHalos1993 11 1625 June 13, 2016 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Enjoy it - Fiscal "Conservatives!" Minimalist 2 931 September 2, 2015 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  In The Aftermath of the Tea Bagger Flop Minimalist 4 1020 June 21, 2014 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does BDSM Need Its Own Rights Movement? EgoRaptor 57 17056 January 24, 2014 at 4:08 am
Last Post: Esquilax
Smile Obama called war criminal & hypocrite of the century in Irish Parlament Big Blue Sky 33 11331 June 24, 2013 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Nazi unit leader found in US cratehorus 0 886 June 15, 2013 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: cratehorus
  She has found ways around discrimination in health insurance companies. Ziploc Surprise 0 1068 July 5, 2012 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Found the problem with US politics. 5thHorseman 18 4266 October 18, 2011 at 8:53 am
Last Post: 5thHorseman