Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mary's 10 Year Pregnancy!
Mary's 10 Year Pregnancy!
I just discovered this great miracle as I re-read scripture!

Point #1:
Elizebeth, wife of Zachariah, conceived John the Baptist during the reign of Herod the Great, who died in 4 BC.

The Wholly Babble Wrote:Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

Point #2:
It was during Elizabeth's 6th month of pregnancy with JtB that the annunciation happened.

The Wholly Babble Wrote:Luke 1:24-27 And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying, Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men. And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Point #3
Mary was immediately pregnant with baby Jesus after the annunciation, still during Liz's 6th month.

The Wholly Babble Wrote:Luke 1:41-42 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

So Liz knew by virtue of The Holy Spirit that Mary was pregnant with the Lord. JtB was excited too. Or maybe he just kicked.

Point #4
Mary was still pregnant with baby Jesus during the reign of Quirinius, Roman governor of Syria, who's administration began in 6 AD.

The Wholly Babble Wrote:Luke 2:2-7 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) ...To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. ...And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

OK, so, let's review. Mary conceived prior to 4 BC and gave birth after 6 AD.

It's a 10 year pregnancy!

It's a miracle! ...or something.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
RE: Mary's 10 Year Pregnancy!
You silly sinner, don't you know that apologists can make shit up as they go? In the end, you are not a true christian™.
(September 14, 2013 at 7:49 pm)LastPoet Wrote: You silly sinner, don't you know that apologists can make shit up as they go? In the end, you are not a true christian™.

HA! In truth, they are the phony Christians because they try to explain their faith logically and look for evidence to support it. In that way, they play in the field of atheists and other unsaved trash, for science and logic are your domains.

I have no need for apologists. My faith does not require any of what Strobel calls a "buttress". I know that faith is, as the heathen trash AronRa said, "belief without evidence and against all evidence". Faith is just believing. Anyone who requires the aid of apologists has puny, weak faith and is already on their way to becoming an atheist.

Many atheist trash here who are ex-Christians will confirm this in their own stories of losing their faith. C.S. Lewis, Strobel, McDowell and Habermass et al are just way-stations to godlessness.

I don't "explain" contradictions in the Wholly Babble. I just don't care about them. No self-contradictions or contradictions with your heathen science can shake my love of Jesus. For my strength comes from The Holy Spirit. I am filled with the power of The Holy Spirit. I have "it". You don't.

And that's what makes me a True Christian ™. I'm full of it.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
(September 14, 2013 at 8:44 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: True Christian is a trademark of Landover Baptist Church. I am not a member of this fine institution but I would really like to be. Could someone please put in a good word for me with Pastor Deacon Fred?

I tried to reach Pastor Deacon Fred...
But apparentely, he's only available in
PDF form... Sorry.
(September 14, 2013 at 7:43 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: I just discovered this great miracle as I re-read scripture!

Point #1:
Elizebeth, wife of Zachariah, conceived John the Baptist during the reign of Herod the Great, who died in 4 BC.

The Wholly Babble Wrote:Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

Point #2:
It was during Elizabeth's 6th month of pregnancy with JtB that the annunciation happened.

The Wholly Babble Wrote:Luke 1:24-27 And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying, Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men. And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Point #3
Mary was immediately pregnant with baby Jesus after the annunciation, still during Liz's 6th month.

The Wholly Babble Wrote:Luke 1:41-42 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

So Liz knew by virtue of The Holy Spirit that Mary was pregnant with the Lord. JtB was excited too. Or maybe he just kicked.

Point #4
Mary was still pregnant with baby Jesus during the reign of Quirinius, Roman governor of Syria, who's administration began in 6 AD.

The Wholly Babble Wrote:Luke 2:2-7 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) ...To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. ...And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

OK, so, let's review. Mary conceived prior to 4 BC and gave birth after 6 AD.

It's a 10 year pregnancy!

It's a miracle! ...or something.

Or something.

Herod the great was not the only Herod to rule over judea. His son was referred to as 'King Herod.' If you see Herod the great it speaks of the Father if you see King Herod it speaks of Herod the Great's son. Who ruled durning the time in question.

Do a google search
Doesn't matter, because unless you can find anything other than your Creeds' say so, Jesus never existed and neither did Herods' census (according to History). Nor was there a heavenly sign when Jesus was born (in the century he's said to be born), nor do the Jews --gods' holy chosens--believe Jesus was the son of god because Jesus contradicted the scriptures on some things and therefore could not possibly be the messiah.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Quote:Herod the great was not the only Herod to rule over judea.

You don't want to go there, Drippy. Your knowledge of history is shaky at best and bible-based at worst...which is to say you don't know your ass from your fucking elbow.
I am not an Historian nor a Bible scholar, but I found this interesting. However, it isn't convincing one way or the other:

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/200...px#Article
Wow, Dede Haislip has competition!
I can tell you are not a historian, Max. It shows through brightly.

"PROPOSALS "

Here is the problem. The author feels the need to make proposals to get his bible bullshit off the hook. The reason he outlines prior are sufficient to dismiss Luke as a bullshit artist. The only reason to try to twist the facts is apologetics. Apologetics is the shameless need to make excuses for why the bible is a pile of crap.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7315 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  A prediction for the new year zebo-the-fat 14 1578 December 20, 2018 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  GOD RAPED MARY Bow Before Zeus 135 21424 November 29, 2017 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The 100-year anniversay of Fatima is coming-up! Jehanne 21 4976 October 13, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  The Trinity and Mary vorlon13 52 14544 May 30, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Mary is not a virgin by the Bible accounts Fake Messiah 26 3793 September 30, 2016 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil. Jehanne 103 13889 July 19, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  That magical time of year again... LadyForCamus 38 9496 March 27, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Mary's Womb Query vorlon13 34 7047 December 30, 2015 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mormon Church Admits Smith Married 14 year old JesusHChrist 15 4130 September 16, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan