Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Minimalist
Hey Minimalist
You're obviously well versed in history and I came across something when re-reading Luke that I found a bit odd. ...and not just the part about Mary's 10 year pregnancy that I posted on earlier.

The Wholly Babble Wrote:Luke 23:12 And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for before they were at enmity between themselves.

So apparently the trial of Jesus brought them together. Is there anything from history that they had any enmity toward one other or that they later became friends?

Not that I'm questioning anything I read in Holey scripture, of course. Tongue
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
RE: Hey Minimalist
If it's written in the Bible, it MUST have happened. It's not like the authors were making it up as they went along.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Calling out members is a no no, Socky McSockerton! :p
(September 14, 2013 at 11:13 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Calling out members is a no no, Socky McSockerton! :p

Does requesting information from a knowledgeable source count as "calling out"?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(September 14, 2013 at 11:31 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(September 14, 2013 at 11:13 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Calling out members is a no no, Socky McSockerton! :p

Does requesting information from a knowledgeable source count as "calling out"?

Rayaan's wording in that rule seems to say yes. I don't personally care, myself.
(September 15, 2013 at 12:10 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote:
(September 14, 2013 at 11:31 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Does requesting information from a knowledgeable source count as "calling out"?

Rayaan's wording in that rule seems to say yes. I don't personally care, myself.

I see no harm here.

Maybe the wording needs to be refined.Thinking

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 14, 2013 at 11:31 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Does requesting information from a knowledgeable source count as "calling out"?

So that's why no one gets called out for citing the Bible!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(September 15, 2013 at 7:26 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(September 15, 2013 at 12:10 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Rayaan's wording in that rule seems to say yes. I don't personally care, myself.

I see no harm here.

Me either. I just saw humor in calling out a technical double rule break. It's not any skin off my nose, really.
Hey, Yahweh, it seems to be merely a bit of xtian gospel gloss. There is no ancient source which indicates any problem or even contact between Antipas and Pilate.

The fuckers are not above lying, you know.
Yeah, this calling out is acceptable because I don't see any bad intention behind it.

Quote:Do not any create threads that call out a specific member. Calling out is whenever someone creates a thread that is aimed at a specific member in order to insult him, complain about him, and/or to put him in a awkward position such as by challenging his views or even by asking him questions.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-20534.html

The OP is not insulting Min nor trying to put him in an awkward position.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Fuckface- When It Reaches Ken Starr Territory You Can Let Us Know Minimalist 0 371 May 15, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hey, Trumptards Minimalist 1 540 April 14, 2018 at 12:56 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Hey Jared! Do You Know What "Sweet Cheeks" Means In Jail? Minimalist 8 970 January 20, 2018 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Hey Buddy - Can You Help A Starving Billionaire? Minimalist 7 1816 August 7, 2017 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Hey, Fuckface. "Jobs," Remember? Minimalist 4 1511 July 26, 2017 at 7:34 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Hey Tim. Leave The God Shit to the Repulbicunts Minimalist 12 2462 October 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Hey, Let's Make A Deal Minimalist 28 7272 September 9, 2016 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hey, Hillary Haters... Minimalist 21 2753 July 5, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Oops. Hey, Man. Sorry. Minimalist 4 1435 December 2, 2015 at 6:03 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Hey...Where were you guys? Minimalist 2 794 September 26, 2015 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist