Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bible identifies the Christ as a False Prophet
The bible identifies the Christ as a False Prophet
Deuteronomy 18:20-22
20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”
21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

Matthew 16:28

“Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” Matthew 16:28

Obviously - the christ of the bible IS NOT the voice of the lord

IF you look at the bible - Deuteronomy 18:20-22 should disqualify Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Jonah, Jesus, and Paul.
RE: The bible identifies the Christ as a False Prophet
Regarding the OT...if it doesn't aid with gay bashing, Christians claim to be under no obligation to entertain it.
(September 16, 2013 at 3:07 pm)ThomM Wrote: Deuteronomy 18:20-22
20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”
21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

Matthew 16:28

“Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” Matthew 16:28

Obviously - the christ of the bible IS NOT the voice of the lord

IF you look at the bible - Deuteronomy 18:20-22 should disqualify Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Jonah, Jesus, and Paul.

Hold on cowboy, Christ says "28 “Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

So the burden of proof on you to establish that Christ's Kingdom did not come as described before all of those men died.
Ugh...speaking of burdens...
It is understandable that the bible would consider Jesus a false prophet, for especially the Jews knew he was not the son of god.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 16, 2013 at 4:24 pm)Drich Wrote: So the burden of proof on you to establish that Christ's Kingdom did not come as described before all of those men died.

What the fuck? Sometimes people really don't understand the burden of proof. It's never someone's obligation to prove that something didn't happen or doesn't exist.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(September 16, 2013 at 4:24 pm)Drich Wrote: Hold on cowboy, Christ says "28 “Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

So the burden of proof on you to establish that Christ's Kingdom did not come as described before all of those men died.

A kingdom is a pretty substantial thing. The earliest written history of Jesus comes from Galatians, arguably written in the year 48 CE. That's about 20 years after the "death" of Jesus. The Jews have no record of an independent kingdom since the Babylonian invasion of 434 BCE. Judea was undeniably ruled by the Romans in the first century CE.

What I'm getting at is that Jesus did nothing to bring glory and rebirth to the Jewish people. He was no king when he was alive, and he didn't return to Earth in the lifetimes of his apostles with a new kingdom. Spiritually, some could call him a king, but most of them would be Gentiles from the 2nd century on. There was very little acceptance of Jesus in the Jewish world. The "existence" of Jesus did nothing for the Jews, and almost nil for those that believed in him before they died. He failed in his promise. He did not return with a new kingdom before all of his original believers died.

Christ was no king, and never will be.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
- Buddha
"Anyone wanting to believe Jesus lived and walked as a real live human being must do so despite the evidence, not because of it."
- Dennis McKinsey
The Kingdom of Christ is the Christian Church, and it was going before those He spoke to were dead. Jesus is the ruler of the church and the lives it encompasses.

Smile GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(September 16, 2013 at 4:24 pm)Drich Wrote: So the burden of proof on you to establish that Christ's Kingdom did not come as described before all of those men died.

Sometimes I read things like this and just wonder, "where the hell do I go with this?"

I'm sure Steven Colbert has listened to some in the GOP and asked himself the same thing.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
Hey, Drippy....

verse 27 says "27 For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. "

When did that shit happen? How come everyone missed it? Maybe the JWs are right and your boy snuck back in 1914?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 1700 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 3995 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7831 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3018 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3124 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44036 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1378 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3323 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2732 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1881 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir