Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if?
What if?
Of course it is an imaginary situation which is extremely unlikely to happen, but what if?

What if all the people in the world die, for any reason, except you? You are alone now and you know there is no one alive, even other creatures from the animal kingdom have perished. There is no TV nor internet. Supposing that you have the opportunity to live for several decades by virtue of the abundance of food and fresh water, what would you do?

Will you try to live lonely or commit suicide?

Note: It is not a silly topic. Sad Just think of it and you will find it interesting. Smile
* Illusion is a big world ... and the world is a bigger illusion.
* Try to live happy ... try to make others live happy.
RE: What if?
How do you know you're alone? Especially about animals, how do you know they all died?

I think it depends on a lot of things. Depends on my ability to travel, have the dead bodies been disposed of or are they everywhere? What kind of food are we talking about? Like survival level or actually edible stuff that is worth living for? If all animals died, plants and flowers won't last long either so where is this abundance of food and water coming from? If there isn't internet, is there information leftover by the civilization that would allow me to achieve something or am I living a cavemen-like existence?
I would use the available technology and resources to (at long last) construct my vast army of robot minions.

And yes, it was a bloody silly question.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You have described heaven in that OP.

Wait...there is beer around still, yes?
Wander round and have some fun. Go completely mad and die in some bizarre situation in the first couple of years.
(September 17, 2013 at 7:07 pm)Simsim Wrote: Of course it is an imaginary situation which is extremely unlikely to happen, but what if?

What if all the people in the world die, for any reason, except you? You are alone now and you know there is no one alive, even other creatures from the animal kingdom have perished. There is no TV nor internet. Supposing that you have the opportunity to live for several decades by virtue of the abundance of food and fresh water, what would you do?

Will you try to live lonely or commit suicide?

Note: It is not a silly topic. Sad Just think of it and you will find it interesting. Smile

What if A Victoria Secret's Catalog girl came up to me now and said " Brian I want to give you a blow job".
Phillip the second King of Macedon, famous for being the father of Alexander of Macedon, who would be later known as "Alexander the Great", went on a conquest to unite all the Greek city states under his rule in 340 BCE. When Phillip continued his conquest into southern Greece to conquere the city state of Sparta, he was well aware of the reputation that the Spartans had gained in previous history during the various civil wars in Greece and the Persian wars. He knew that it would be a lenghty and bloody war and therefor sent the Spartans a message that read:

Quote:"You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

The Spartans sent back a message that read:
Quote:"if"

Both Phillip the second and Alexander the Great never conquered Sparta. They avoided it.
(September 17, 2013 at 7:37 pm)Brian37 Wrote: What if A Victoria Secret's Catalog girl came up to me now and said " Brian I want to give you a blow job?

You'd probably wake up in an alley with a dog sniffing your crotch.
(September 17, 2013 at 7:15 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: How do you know you're alone? Especially about animals, how do you know they all died?
I don't know how you would know. I even don't know how all people perished. The whole event itself is impossible so it is not unacceptable to add other impossibilities.

I just thought of it and felt frightened. I watched some documentaries of the Earth's history and thought what if I had been transferred to one of these lonesome gloomy eras.

... There are no dead bodies anywhere. This would drive anyone mad !

(September 17, 2013 at 7:30 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Wander round and have some fun. Go completely mad and die in some bizarre situation in the first couple of years.

Two years? You are patient !
* Illusion is a big world ... and the world is a bigger illusion.
* Try to live happy ... try to make others live happy.
There would be so much weed and no one to share it with. I'd grow it in an empty police station and spend as little as I could sober for the rest of my life.