Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What animal represents your country
What animal represents your country
This is for all but the Americans, I know the Bald Eagle represents the U.S. What animal represents your country and, if you know, what was the year this was established.

Smile GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
RE: What animal represents your country
I heard Ben Franklin wanted the US to be represented by a turkey...which would have been ideal considering the prevailing political climate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Eagle

Eagles... always eagles. That is really obvious and uncreative. Even the ancient romans had an eagle as national animal. I think a stag with massive beautifull antlers would be far more fitting.
Generally the kangaroo which is on the Commonwealth coat of arms with the emu.

[Image: Australian_Coat_of_Arms.png]
undefined
(September 19, 2013 at 1:00 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Eagle

Eagles... always eagles. That is really obvious and uncreative. Even the ancient romans had an eagle as national animal. I think a stag with massive beautifull antlers would be far more fitting.

Wait I thought that you already had a stag with antlers as your national animal.....
[Image: JAGERMEISTER.jpg]
This one..

[Image: rb7.jpg]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Because lions were popular in Scandinavia, and Finland belonged to Sweden at the time, we got our first coat of arms with a lion ca. 1577.

[Image: coat-of-arms.jpg]

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Royal Bengal Tiger

[Image: QnbxzD9.jpg]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh#Flora_and_fauna

It's a cat, too. Big Grin
(September 19, 2013 at 2:52 am)Darwinian Wrote:

A tauren prot warrior?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Sorry for being a crap sport, but...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_animals

btw, around here, we have this.... cock:

There are variants of the design, but you can see a clear theme...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Animal cruelty paulpablo 13 651 March 6, 2022 at 12:32 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Animal rescues. Brian37 10 631 April 20, 2021 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  Proof that I am not an Animal fromdownunder 4 455 September 4, 2018 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Animal torture purplepurpose 17 2751 May 19, 2018 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Born in the wrong country Alexmahone 3 874 April 20, 2018 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
  What's your favorite thing about the country you live in? Edwardo Piet 48 8046 February 9, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Human/Animal Hybrid Catholic_Lady 60 7011 February 5, 2017 at 5:08 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  My Favorite Animal Amarok 51 6655 January 16, 2017 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Athene
  Anyone got a handle on what constitutes animal magnetism? brewer 13 1361 May 25, 2016 at 9:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Why <insert-country-name-here> is a disgrace! Tiberius 29 6041 February 6, 2016 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Homeless Nutter