Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum #
Forum #
I've noticed that in the url of each of the forums here is a forum number, this one is 29 for example. I typed in all the numbers from 1 to about 40 into it, and each had a different forum page that contained different threads. There was something odd though as it randomly skipped 5, 14, 15, 16, 18, 20, 21, 24, 27, 28, and 31, showing me Athiestforums error pages for each, before going into constant error pages. I find this odd as Adrian does not seem to be someone who would randomly skip numbers, and it doesent make sense. I suppose it doesen't really matter, but is just bothers me a bit that I dont understand it.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

RE: Forum #
I'm not sure why MyBB orders the forum number URLs as such, and in all the years I've used it I've never noticed this inconsistency. In the forums I've administered, I've not seen any sort of option regarding the forum URL #, so this isn't something (at least, I think) that Adrian set manually by himself.

Thanks for the find, but luckily it's not really a problem.
"The finality of death is the coldest truth one must face. Religion makes the perfect distraction." - Anonymous
Every time I create a forum, it adds one to the counter. Sometimes we deleted forums, sometimes the forums are hidden for various reasons, hence the "skipping". There's also not much we can do about it, and not much I'd want to since I don't suffer from ADD Smile
Interesting observation though. Quite interesting indeed.
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
*Has urge to close thread...*
"The finality of death is the coldest truth one must face. Religion makes the perfect distraction." - Anonymous
You aren't a staff member yet Nick... Tongue
*grumble* Tongue