Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Guys!
Hi Guys!
My name is Ana i'm 14 years old almost 15. I made the decision to lose my religion at around the age of 10 or 11. I've always been a pretty cynical person so when my parents started "feeding" me the whole God/Jesus thing I was skeptical but I kept my mouth shut. Around the age of 9 I started researching it took a while but I finally came to the conclusion that I am an agnostic atheist I can't disprove a god but I can't prove there is one either i'm leaning on the side of there not being a god because there is more research disproving god that proving the existence of a god or gods.
“I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.”
― Richard Dawkins
RE: Hi Guys!
Welcome youthful one. I hope your parents are cool with your autonomy in the religious arena. But if they don't yet know and you're not certain they will be, I encourage you to wait to let them know until they're ready. (That should be whenever you are financially independent of them and ready to make your own way.) Welcome and good luck!
(September 20, 2013 at 11:21 pm)whateverist Wrote: Welcome youthful one. I hope your parents are cool with your autonomy in the religious arena. But if they don't yet know and you're not certain they will be, I encourage you to wait to let them know until they're ready. (That should be whenever you are financially independent of them and ready to make your own way.) Welcome and good luck!

They know how I feel and they're totally fine with it! I still celebrate(if you can call it that) Christmas and Easter with them just so they won't be too upset Smile
“I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.”
― Richard Dawkins
Welcome!

It's a pleasure for me to see one so young with such a firm grasp on reality!

Cheers! Smile
(September 20, 2013 at 11:30 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Welcome!

It's a pleasure for me to see one so young with such a firm grasp on reality!

Cheers! Smile

Thanks!
― Richard Dawkins
Welcome. It's nice to hear your parents are supportive.
Hiya and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Quote: I can't disprove a god but I can't prove there is one either

More to the point, believers have no evidence for their godboy either. I'm sure you'll run into some of them soon enough. We have a coterie of theistic nut jobs here.

Welcome.
Welcome to the forum ! I'm not sure but I think that you're the younger person of the community. You're 14 years old , at your age I was a Christian and conspiracy theorist. I wasn't rational like you. Now I'm 19 years old and I'm a "Gnostic Atheist" (Yes , I'm sure to 100% that there are no God[s]. In my profile you can read "Agnostic Christian" in the section "religious views" but this isn't the case now. I'll change it after write my "deconversion story" and "testimony").
(September 21, 2013 at 12:54 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Welcome. It's nice to hear your parents are supportive.

They're pretty open minded people so when i told them they took it pretty well.

(September 21, 2013 at 10:55 am)viocjit Wrote: Welcome to the forum ! I'm not sure but I think that you're the younger person of the community. You're 14 years old , at your age I was a Christian and conspiracy theorist. I wasn't rational like you. Now I'm 19 years old and I'm a "Gnostic Atheist" (Yes , I'm sure to 100% that there are no God[s]. In my profile you can read "Agnostic Christian" in the section "religious views" but this isn't the case now. I'll change it after write my "deconversion story" and "testimony").

Cool! I'll check it out sometime!
― Richard Dawkins

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Hi guys Ronnie 14 1519 January 29, 2021 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hi guys docreek 23 4022 December 13, 2017 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hi guys Gestas 17 2406 January 30, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey guys cactus 14 1914 September 29, 2016 at 8:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  Hey guys. Name is Tara Tarasoft11 53 4997 September 5, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: c172
  Hey guys and girls. AdamJa 27 2882 July 9, 2016 at 12:22 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Hi guys StopS 19 2385 November 10, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I fooled all of you guys. bambi_swag 59 6755 October 9, 2015 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Hey Guys. ironicprogrammer 20 2670 September 18, 2015 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: MTL
Rainbow Hey Guys....Recently de-converted Newbie here.... Afro-Queen 29 4035 November 14, 2014 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72