Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's Tools
God's Tools
Evangelists and anti-science creationists always say God created everything, and evolution is a false doctrine. One forum member here on AF claimed "Humans don't create, they produce", and Ray Comfort once said "we can only modify what God has already given us."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGxBUyHbn...E&index=24

Well, by "God's creation", what precisely do they mean? For example, a painting is a creation in a certain sense. An intelligent mind dipped a brush in a pool of paint and painted the pictures using the brush and pretty colors.

But I think creationists mean something different. A painter created a painting using tools (brush, paints, board, etc.). If "humans can't create, they produce", then only God can create without tools. So apparently God created life and the world with magic. What exactly did God do? Did he or she wave a magic wand and POOF it all appeared? Did God shoot electricity out of his fingers like a Sith lord from Star Wars?

Regardless of how God used his or her magic to create life and the world, everyone knows that magic does not exist. So.....

Undecided
RE: God's Tools
There are certain members who I condider god's tools.*

* Tool
It isn't at all surprising that Jesus was a carpenter: If your only tool is a hammer, then every problem looks like a nail.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 21, 2013 at 4:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: There are certain members who I condider god's tools.*

Feeling generous, Min? I'm certain your net can be casted much wider.
Wider? No.

Lazer-like focus.
(September 21, 2013 at 4:20 pm)Michael Schubert Wrote: Regardless of how God used his or her magic to create life and the world, everyone knows that magic does not exist. So.....

Undecided

Oh no, it's not magic. God spoke the 'word' and everything came into existence. It's all very logical, ya see?

But, ummm, don't stand before god if he ever talks to you. Sticks and stones may break your bones, but god's words can turn you into a goat/slash/fish/slash/paper weight. Worship (large)
There is an ALLLL-knowing, ALLLL-powerful, inVISible being who is everywhere, who created the WHOLE universe, who lives in another dimension called heaven, who is perfect in every way, who was never born and will never die, and who watches you every minute of every day (even when you're squeezing one out on the toilet). There are also unicorns, leprechauns, Santa Claus, an Easter Bunny, and a giant purple people eater.

JUST BELIEVE IT!
Here is an example of one of god's tools.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
The holier they are the harder they fall!
Didn't God use his tool on a virgin 2000 years ago.

That didn't turn out too well as I remember. The kid turned out to be a right tear-away and eventually got killed young, as they often do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19397 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie