Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a question about noah's flood.
I have a question about noah's flood.
If god is all knowing, then how come he doesn't seem to know that the flood will not accomplish his goal of eliminating sin?
If he did know that it would not work then why did he kill everyone anyway, including the new born babies, to young to sin, which by his own definition he murdered?
For the bible says
bible Wrote:Deuteronomy 24:16 ESV

“Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.
And also here in the Ten Commandments
bible Wrote:Exodus 20:13 NIV

You shall not murder.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: I have a question about noah's flood.
Because, when you discount all of the obvious nonsense justifications, all that's left is that he just liked to watch living things die in terror.

But, remember, those babies all board the express train to go spend eternity with the being who unjustly killed them and their families, so it's not a big deal.
None of the rules apply to God - didn't you know that?

God can do whatever the fuck he wants to do and its good because God says its good - just ask John V.

"Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin."

From the guy that cursed Adam and all of his progeny for ever more on the basis of eating a piece of fruit he wasn't supposed to.

We never even find out how the fruit tasted? Lets hope it wasn't a star-fruit - boy are they disappointing.
Lemon wrote:
Quote:If god is all knowing, then how come he doesn't seem to know that the flood will not accomplish his goal of eliminating sin?
If he did know that it would not work then why did he kill everyone anyway, including the new born babies, to young to sin, which by his own definition he murdered?

Because cherry picking.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(September 23, 2013 at 2:45 am)Ryantology Wrote: Because, when you discount all of the obvious nonsense justifications, all that's left is that he just liked to watch living things die in terror.

But, remember, those babies all board the express train to go spend eternity with the being who unjustly killed them and their families, so it's not a big deal.

Which leads to the question of why did god even allow those babies to be conceived?
Signifying nothing.
Fuck your pseudo-intellectual quandry.

I want to know where all the fucking water went!
(September 23, 2013 at 2:46 am)max-greece Wrote: None of the rules apply to God - didn't you know that?

God can do whatever the fuck he wants to do and its good because God says its good - just ask John V.

"Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin."

From the guy that cursed Adam and all of his progeny for ever more on the basis of eating a piece of fruit he wasn't supposed to.

We never even find out how the fruit tasted? Lets hope it wasn't a star-fruit - boy are they disappointing.

I've seen john V. argue, and it's disturbing that religion can twist people like that, I want a world with out religion, were good enough at comming up with reasons to be dived and we do not need more!
Also your point on original is worth thinking about, good one.

(September 23, 2013 at 3:00 am)cato123 Wrote: Fuck your pseudo-intellectual quandry.

I want to know where all the fucking water went!

God drank it?
Signifying nothing.
(September 23, 2013 at 3:01 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: God drank it?

So he swallowed himself. Big fucking deal. I saw Ron Jeremy do this. I thought we were talkikng about God.
"Out came the sunshine and dried up all the rain.
And itsy bitsy spider said
Now where's that fucking drain?"
What I've always wanted to know is... how did humanity re-populate again from Noah's family inbreeding?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did they really find Noah's Ark? Jasper 19 1511 May 25, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  So Noah had crab lice Fake Messiah 0 528 July 18, 2021 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Noah and animals AniKoferBo 52 3244 January 28, 2021 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: no one
  I have a question about religious parents Der/die AtheistIn 22 3658 January 25, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Noah's Ark (!) Shows How Seaworthy It Is In A Storm Minimalist 68 13311 January 10, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Noah's Ark water stored underground? Socratic Meth Head 17 3259 June 14, 2016 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  A question about the flood myth, baraminology, and Pangaea RobbyPants 153 18307 February 29, 2016 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  A question for those who believe in noahs flood Lemonvariable72 13 3571 July 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Noah's Flood vs Japan? Duke Guilmon 10 6403 June 21, 2014 at 2:39 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Literal belief in the flood story RobbyPants 157 40048 May 22, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants