Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientists Create never-before-seen Form of Matter
Scientists Create never-before-seen Form of Matter
I just came across this epic news and put it on my site.

<Link removed>
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius
RE: Scientists Create never-before-seen Form of Matter
SCIENCE IS AWESOME!
(September 26, 2013 at 7:04 pm)Davidthegoliath Wrote: SCIENCE IS AWESOME!

YEAH!
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius
...then used lasers to cool the cloud of atoms to just a few degrees above absolute zero.

Used lasers to cool? I can't even fathom that. And, that is soooo COOL!
There is an ALLLL-knowing, ALLLL-powerful, inVISible being who is everywhere, who created the WHOLE universe, who lives in another dimension called heaven, who is perfect in every way, who was never born and will never die, and who watches you every minute of every day (even when you're squeezing one out on the toilet). There are also unicorns, leprechauns, Santa Claus, an Easter Bunny, and a giant purple people eater.

JUST BELIEVE IT!
(September 27, 2013 at 4:32 am)Jiggerj Wrote: ...then used lasers to cool the cloud of atoms to just a few degrees above absolute zero.

Used lasers to cool? I can't even fathom that. And, that is soooo COOL!

It is absolutely fascinating what humans are accomplishing at such an exponentially rapid growth rate as well.

My friend said that by 2030 we will be a century ahead of 2000 in terms of technology and our scientific advancements.
I wonder what we'll be able to do with light crystals?
(September 27, 2013 at 12:02 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: I wonder what we'll be able to do with light crystals?

Destroy Superman...

[Image: Kryptonite.JPG]
I read this last night and it brought out the science geek in meTongue Science is indeed awesome DavidtheGoliathWink With this new theory, our universe is the opposite side of a black hole (and is indeed a subspace of another universe! The reason for expansion is because matter is streaming in from the other side. This would explain why galaxies tend to have the propensity to rotate a certain way, why the temperature in our universe is stable even though it wouldn't have had time to do so had we come from a singularity, and singularities would be explained along with dark matter! Is very cool.

Quote:Solving mysteries?

If our universe was born from a black hole, it could help solve the mystery of what came before the Big Bang and whether our universe was closed, flat or open.

It could also help scientists avoid problems associated with singularities, or infinitely small points with infinite density. In theory, the universe was born from a singularity, and every black hole encloses a singularity. However, singularities are big headaches for theoretical physicists, since the laws of physics break down around them.

"In my model, when the universe is born, there is no problem of having a singularity initially —instead of being infinitely small, it had the radius of its parent black hole," Poplawski said. "Also, instead of black holes ending up with singularities, this model suggests they would end up with universes."

http://m.space.com/8293-universe-born-bl...heory.html
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Are scientists going to discover god on the other side of the black hole, spewing forth creation from the hole?

Theists will say he is hiding on the "other side" which is why we cannot find him in "our universe"

:o
Theists say all sorts of stupid things.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark matter vs. MOND LinuxGal 3 543 August 23, 2023 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Another universe existed before ours Foxaèr 27 2465 November 29, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  An infinite, beginningless and eternal Universe is taken seriously by scientists. Jehanne 20 3910 March 18, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Rethinking Dark Matter/Dark energy.... Brian37 11 2482 January 26, 2018 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Requesting help from scientists/astronomers on the forum. vulcanlogician 32 6354 January 21, 2018 at 6:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How Do Scientists Know It's Space Expanding Not Galaxies Moving? Rhondazvous 43 9910 August 18, 2017 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Are Scientists Still Looking for the Higgs Boson? Rhondazvous 24 8314 July 18, 2017 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Alex K
  When Do Quanta Pass Through the Higgs Field? What is a Higgs Boson Before Excitation Rhondazvous 17 4904 June 28, 2017 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  How Many Bosons Would it Take to Create a False Vacuum? Rhondazvous 19 6347 June 19, 2017 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Origin of Matter RedSox 50 18587 June 13, 2017 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda