Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 10:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unique First Date Ideas
Unique First Date Ideas
Anyone have any good experiences with unique first date ideas, or something relatively standard but with something special about it that makes both parties happy?
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius
Re: Unique First Date Ideas
No. My first dates usually consist of awkward conversation (I talk too much) followed by sex.
RE: Unique First Date Ideas
Lol...nice. I took my fiancée to a baseball game. We had a blast. Baseball is so bleeding boring. Leaves plenty of opportunity to talk, drink, and laugh. Also, a winery can be lots of fun. Generally, a tour is fairly inexpensive, but the experience is a blast.
(September 27, 2013 at 10:49 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: No. My first dates usually consist of awkward conversation (I talk too much) followed by sex.

Ah so you talk a lot so they sleep with you to shut you up? Tongue

I'm good with conversation, that's not a problem for me. I just am thinking of something fun to do that isn't cheesy or cliche... I know "there is nothing unique under the sun" but something relatively creative.
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius
(September 27, 2013 at 10:49 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: No. My first dates usually consist of awkward conversation (I talk too much) followed by sex.

Makes sense, us guys will put up with anything to get sex.
Watch Hitch! I love that movie Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
This wasn't a first date, I think it was a fourth or fifth one but it's still a good date idea if your looking for one.

I work at a paint store and we have a bunch of sample quarts that cost me $4 a quart(employee discount of course). So I bought about ten of them mixed in really vibrant colors, a box of 50 latex gloves, and a cheap canvas drop cloth. I also brought a clothesline and a couple of wooden dowels, and my old baseball bat. I poured a little bit of each color into a glove so that I used all 50 of them. I told my girl that she should put on some crappy clothes because we were gonna get a bit messy, and then I took her and all the supplies out into a field. I hung the canvas from a clothesline tied to a pair of wooden dowels staked into the ground. And we took turns lobbing paint balloons while the other one hit them into the canvas, made for a cool piece of abstract art with all the greens, oranges, blues, and yellows. Coupled with a nice little picnic it was a pretty good date. Maybe next time around I would have done the picnic before the paint because we really were covered in paint by the end.
(September 27, 2013 at 11:28 pm)plaincents822 Wrote: This wasn't a first date, I think it was a fourth or fifth one but it's still a good date idea if your looking for one.

I work at a paint store and we have a bunch of sample quarts that cost me $4 a quart(employee discount of course). So I bought about ten of them mixed in really vibrant colors, a box of 50 latex gloves, and a cheap canvas drop cloth. I also brought a clothesline and a couple of wooden dowels, and my old baseball bat. I poured a little bit of each color into a glove so that I used all 50 of them. I told my girl that she should put on some crappy clothes because we were gonna get a bit messy, and then I took her and all the supplies out into a field. I hung the canvas from a clothesline tied to a pair of wooden dowels staked into the ground. And we took turns lobbing paint balloons while the other one hit them into the canvas, made for a cool piece of abstract art with all the greens, oranges, blues, and yellows. Coupled with a nice little picnic it was a pretty good date. Maybe next time around I would have done the picnic before the paint because we really were covered in paint by the end.

That is definitely a unique date idea.

Haha cool thank you for sharing Smile
A first date I had back in college, we wandered around empty buildings looking at displays (such as insect collections) and drew all over the chalkboards, then went back for my room for some wine and "bed time".

One thing I would love to do on a first date - go out in the middle of a field with a telescope. Preferably after a day at the museum or rock-hunting.
Dating isn't really a thing over here, but I have a couple of ideas.

The first 'date' Scruffy took me on, after we decided that we were in an exclusive relationship, was really simple but nice. He had borrowed his mom's car, bought us delicious baguettes and drove to the beach. Unfortunately it was raining, so we took shelter in a playground, ate, talked and had a really nice time together.

Most things interest me, so hypothetically taking me on a date is quite easy. Go-karting, Geocaching, going to the movies, printing/painting stuff on t-shirts, laser tag, music in any form, staying home trying to cook a duck, you name it. Anything goes as long as there's an idea behind the date. It doesn't necessarily require much effort or money, as long as it's something you like and love. If the girl's/guy's interested in you, she'll/he'll love seeing you doing something you're passionate about.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  this is it up date! Drich 2 502 June 3, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4118 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Your hobbies/hobby ideas Catholic_Lady 97 11046 February 1, 2018 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I need some good first date questions Seraphina 86 10352 October 5, 2017 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I need Ideas trev22 29 5095 March 22, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: trev22
  Ideas Azu 23 2009 February 20, 2017 at 12:12 am
Last Post: chimp3
  I'm looking for good recipe ideas for the foods that I usually buy from the store WisdomOfTheTrees 1 737 February 5, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Dating - Could you date a religious person? Regina 48 7632 November 8, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Elskidor
  Bathroom renovation ideas... Aractus 0 529 September 11, 2016 at 5:59 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Any ideas? Expired 27 2908 July 10, 2016 at 6:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus