Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michelle Obama says to drink water - conservatives get outraged
Michelle Obama says to drink water - conservatives get outraged
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/miche...-outraged/

It's been said that conservatives would stop breathing air if Michelle Obama said that oxygen is good, now they're outraged because she suggested that people should drink more water.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Michelle Obama says to drink water - conservatives get outraged
(September 28, 2013 at 1:41 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: It's been said that conservatives would stop breathing air if Michelle Obama said that oxygen is good

It would be such a benefit to this country if this happened.

[Image: Democrats_ransom_note.png?1380280794]
Okay, I looked at the article, trying to see if there's any real justification for this, but, seriously, what the fuck? Do they want us to only drink Brawndo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbxq0IDqD04
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Uhm ... many people don't know this, but the drink 7 glasses a day is a myth. Everybody needs different amounts of water. Just drink when you're thirsty is the way to go, drinking too much doesn't get you healthier, you just go to the washroom more. If I'm not mistaken that is the scientific consensus now. Because our body does regulate water levels, drinking more water will require your body get rid of it otherwise it'd cause electrolytes imbalance, that doesn't happen, you just go to the washroom.

If she said drink more water instead of soft drinks/energy drinks/beer/whatever, then yea she'd be right, but unless people are suffering from dehydration, drinking is just that, no magic powers.
I wish the republicans were smart enough to simply point out her scientific inaccuracy (we don't need that much water) and leave it at that.
(September 28, 2013 at 12:00 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: If she said drink more water instead of soft drinks/energy drinks/beer/whatever, then yea she'd be right, but unless people are suffering from dehydration, drinking is just that, no magic powers.

Well, here's the words she used.

Quote:“I’ve come to realize that if we were going to take just one step to make ourselves and our families healthier, probably the single best thing we could do is to simply drink more water. It’s as simple as that. Drink just one more glass of water a day and you can make a real difference for your health, for your energy and the way that you feel.”

Yeah, there's no mention of 7 glasses a day (I heard it was meant to be eight), but it would have been better if she said "drink more water instead of soft drinks/whatever." But still, it's not like these people who are going apeshit over this are making the same point you made.

(September 28, 2013 at 12:09 pm)Psykhronic Wrote: I wish the republicans were smart enough to simply point out her scientific inaccuracy (we don't need that much water) and leave it at that.

Hell, it's not even that. It's just that Michelle Obama said it. I doubt it would have even been that controversial if, say, Laura Bush or even Ann Romney had said it. I'll bet they'd go into a tizzy if they said the sky was blue. And they wouldn't even bother to acknowledge the different shades during dusk and dawn.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
/\
|
|
|
Lives on bottled water
Their behavior is simply childish.

I dont think that more could be said.
She talks a lot about increasing water consumption - we know water is the best drink for us, but simply drinking an extra glass of water has no clear scientific benefits. If she talked solely of drinking water instead of other crap, she'd be good.

That being said, it's not a huge deal and the Republicans are dickheads.
+1 for the Idiocracy reference, Rev.

As I look at Boehner and his little cult of morons it seems to me that we are nearly there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1285 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1418 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 326 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8582 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Asshole conservatives. Jehanne 3 393 July 11, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Congress and drink coasters. Brian37 4 445 February 15, 2021 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conservatives, COVID, Agency and Autism, some insights into political worldviews Rev. Rye 5 554 January 10, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1464 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1489 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 555 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger